[Celsius Mobile]Linux on (WF2-H)

Moderator: ModTeam

kareldc

[Celsius Mobile]Linux on (WF2-H)

Postby kareldc » Sun Mar 26, 2006 18:21

I'm trying to install linux but none of the distor's work (suse, redhat, mandrake, debian...)

They all give me a black lcd screen right after I boot from their cd. I select an install option, the kernel loads or something, and BAM! black screen.

Anyone any answers?

I have tried using an external monitor but nothing.

The video chip in the laptop is a Nvidia Quadro4 500 GO GL

Cheers,
Karel

kareldc

Postby kareldc » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:39

I just found an article in the support database of suse that states the following:

When you launch the installation from CD or DVD, you get a black screen after selecting one of the installation options. Changing the boot parameters does not solve the problem. This symptom has been observed on a number of Fujitsu Siemens Scenic machines and some other computers.

The BIOS has difficulties handling multiple EDD (Enhanced Disk Drive) calls. Both the boot loader on the installation CD and DVD and the kernel use this call.

Does anyone knows anything about EDD on siemens laptops?

Cheers,
Karel

hank2000
Product(s): - Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H240 (E8210)
- Fujitsu Siemens CELSIUS Mobile H (WF2-H)
- Fujitsu Siemens X-Series Livebook

Postby hank2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:46

Hi,

probably a bit late, but it might help...

I'm running the CELSIUS Mobile H (WF2-H) with gentoo-Linux for more than four years without huge problems, even the BlueTooth is working perfectly and the intern video is working with 3D very nice. I never tried the modem and the secure card and never used the finger print.

Take a look here:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:jY ... =firefox-a
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8n ... =firefox-a

The original pages are not available right now.

HTH

cheers

Hank

tom2tom
Product(s): Celsius Mobile WF2H (Pentium 4 mobile CPU)

Re: [Celsius Mobile]Linux on (WF2-H)

Postby tom2tom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 23:19

Hi,
you can EDD switch off through adding " edd=off " at kernel line of the grub configuration located at /boot/grub/menu.lst .

For example
:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.25.20-0.1-default root=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HTS5416_SB359GGRB0U6LV-part5 edd=off resume=/dev/sda2 splash=silent showopts vga=0x346

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”