Locked Out of ST5112

Moderator: ModTeam

joolspalmer
Product(s): ST5112

Locked Out of ST5112

Postby joolspalmer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58

I love my ST5112, I have it in an otter box so it's abit more resistant to outside use, work and astronomy on damp nights, of which there are plenty in the UK.
I activcted the smarty administrator software a while back, it works OK I use my finger print to log in easily, but really increases the boot time.
Yesterday evening I decided to try and 'turn it off'. You guessed it I'm now locked out of my tablet. :(

What are my options, I don't really want to have to format and reload windows, assuming that I can (I don't have the BOIS password switched on, that I know of)

Regards

Jools
palmer895,at,btinternet,dot,com

rugubara
Product(s): ST5112

Re: Locked Out of ST5112

Postby rugubara » Thu Mar 24, 2011 20:42

Hi, there.

There is always more than one way to do it. If you have a CD to boot from and feel ok to use linux tools (command-based)

You might want to try http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page and use ntpasswd tool to reset your account's password.
There are other ways, however I don't trust them. You are required to download Windows binaries and run them on your system. Chances are high that you will reset your password as well as get a rootkit and/or a trojan.

regards,
Anton.

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”