info needed: how to factory reset an esprimo mobile v5535

Moderator: ModTeam

torker73
Product(s): fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v5535

info needed: how to factory reset an esprimo mobile v5535

Postby torker73 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:24

hi,can anyone help me to reset my v5535 laptop running vista basic home back to factory shipped spec,i have 2 disc's with the laptop-1 is for drivers & utilities (dvd 2008.05) and the other disc says nero 7 essentials on it but i still dont know what the discs are for?,when i got the laptop it was running very slow so i uninstalled alot of the rubish off it,ive done windows update but the update comes back with an error code 80070490 that i cant fix,so i would like to reset the devise back to the way it left the factory if poss,can anyone can help me do this step by step?,that would be super if anyone could as ive hit a brick wall with it and i only know the basics when it comes to computers,kind regards :?

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: info needed: how to factory reset an esprimo mobile v553

Postby sabrex » Thu Sep 02, 2010 14:20

Well the drivers cd is needed at the end to install your drivers...Nero is burning to CD s.w so you can ignore that one. The CD you need is a PRCD oem (product recovery cd)

The basics on install is thus:
insert PRCD Vista
Tap F12 on power on and on boot menu option choose DVD drive as first boot device
"press any key to boot from cd..." SO PRESS A KEY....Boot from the PRCD
Select language, INSTALL NOW
Agree to licence and custom advanced install
Disk 0 patition 2 SYSTEM - Select DRIVE OPTIONS ADVANCED (bottom right)
Choose Delete on all partitions showing.
Then Click New, Apply and Choose Format..
Click Next ....The rest is automated process. Follow the onscreen prompts.

The machine will reboot several times if it pops up "press any key to boot from cd..." do not touch a key

If you need to purchase a PRCD you may be able to via https://ts.fujitsu.com/recovery/

torker73
Product(s): fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v5535

Postby torker73 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:12

hi sabrex,thanks for your great info,ive checked on that link you said but when i put the serial number in it came up invalid for some reason,ive just rang pc world in my area and they said they could do a system restore on the v5535 for £29.99 GBP so i think that will be my best bet as it sounds a good price,thanks again,best regards

kezren89
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens v5535

Postby kezren89 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 14:37

Hi sabrex just wanted to say thanks i followed your info and it's worked, my laptop has been broken for a few years until today so thanks again :)

Return to “ESPRIMO”