[R630] beeps, no video

Moderator: ModTeam

kevinr

[R630] beeps, no video

Postby kevinr » Thu Apr 19, 2007 16:33

When I switch on Celsius R630, I get 1 long beep and 2 short, and no video. The LCD display shows no "X" which the manual says would be displayed for a problem. I can tell the hard disk goes on with its bootup routine anyway. Obviously it's a video problem at least but does the beep sequence mean anything special?
Thanks. K.

tenchiten
Product(s): Frankenputers

Postby tenchiten » Thu Apr 19, 2007 19:10

I am not familiar with this model however, have a look at your bios chip to determine its manufacturer and type, then look on the web for the beep codes associated with this bios (I suspect it may be telling you your graphics has failed but I could be wrong).
Hopefully this will provide the information you require.
Post back to let us know how you went on.
Learning all the time.

ADAMSKI

Postby ADAMSKI » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:23

olshevch

Postby olshevch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:16

I guess, that this is a video problem anyway. Meaning that the video card is not working.
Your monitor does not show any crosses, because it does not have any problems. He thinks that any video signal is coming and continue stand by...
But your system want to send some video and cannot get in tough with video card.

Try to insert different video card. Or try unplugging it completely and BIOS could probably automatically activate embedded video then.

Return to “CELSIUS Workstations”