keyboard is disabled when resuming from standby mode

Moderator: ModTeam

chrtveen

keyboard is disabled when resuming from standby mode

Postby chrtveen » Thu Jun 22, 2006 23:00

Hello,

My CELSIUS W340 running WinXP ignores the keyboard when the PC wakes up from standby mode. The only way I seem to get contact with the keyboard is by restarting the PC. Is there a solution to this annoying problem ?

Regards Christian G. Tveen

dclowes

Postby dclowes » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:25

i'm pretty sure that after a standby mode some usb devices are still turned off unless you grant them the privilage to turn themselve back on.

try this - go to Device Manager, right-click the USB mouse driver and keyboard of its there, click Properties, and then click to select the "Allow this device to wake the system from standby" check box.

see if it works.

You could also try unplugging it and pluggin it back it - although tedious it should work.

chrtveen

Postby chrtveen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 22:08

Thanks,

Unfortunately I've not been sufficiently clear, sorry. I'm using a PS2 Keyboard, and a USB mouse. The mouse works after standby, which the keyboard does not. I'm pretty sure that if I uses a PS2 mouse, it wouldn't work either.

dclowes

Postby dclowes » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:03

thats strange - I can only assume its a bios issue/setting.

Go take a look in the bios - also an update for the bios may fix it (if you are brave enough to flash it)........... you could always just buy a usb keyboard :?

Return to “CELSIUS Workstations”