PCI-e 1.0a card fails to recognise

Moderator: ModTeam

richardmscorp
Product(s): Esprimo E400

PCI-e 1.0a card fails to recognise

Postby richardmscorp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 21:41

I have recently bought an E400 as a Media Centre system. I have installed an HD5450 PCI-e x16 card, a 5.1 surround sound PCI-e card and a TBS 6280 dual tuner card (PCI-e 1.0a). The graphics card and the sound card work perfectly, but the PC does not even recogise the TV tuner card (Nothing, no errors, just doesn't seem to exist). I have tried installing just the tuner card (removing the graphics and sound) but with the same effect, so I don'tthink it is a power issue. The E400 does recognise my USB TV tuner, and the TBS card works fine in another PC. I have read a comment on the TBS forum that some motherboards with PCI-e 2.0/3.0 may not recognise 1.0a cards, but users of that forum seem to suggest that the lower transfer speeds can be enabled in the bios with success. I have re-flashed the E400 bios to the latest version, still nothing. Help.

richardmscorp
Product(s): Esprimo E400

Re: PCI-e 1.0a card fails to recognise

Postby richardmscorp » Wed Oct 17, 2012 18:55

OK - just to keep this up to date. After further investigation it does appear to be the lack of PCI-e 1.0a support on this motherboard. I have replaced the TBS card with a BlackGold DVB-T2 card, which worked first time :-)

Return to “ESPRIMO”