Any suggestions as to why the CPU Fan is now permanently on?
The change occurred directly after I installed a passive-cooled Graphics Card (Sapphire Radeon HD3450) on my Esprimo P7935 with an Intel Q45 motherboard. This should be within the 300W power supply's capability. The CPU Fan is now blowing maximum air all the time.
Steps I took to install the graphics card:
1. Uninstalled the Windows Vista drivers for the onboard graphics (did not disable)
2. Powered down, plugged in the card
3. Powered up, allowed the hardware PCI Express auto-detect to work, then restarted
4. Installed the ATI software from CD
5. on re-powering set the BIOS Primary Controller to PCI
Steps I took to test the cause of the problem:
1. Powered down, removed the new video card, left it for 5 minutes, restarted (no effect)
2. Checked the heatsink was firmly in place on the CPU (seems rock solid)
3. Returned the BIOS Primary Display Controller to original settings
None of these has made any difference
Any suggestions gratefully received,