[P2500] Can't enter BIOS

Moderator: ModTeam

goud
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Edition P2500

[P2500] Can't enter BIOS

Postby goud » Wed Nov 05, 2008 15:02

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get into the BIOS on Esprimo P2500 so that I can change the boot option to CD-ROM.
The problem is that it won't let me do that. When I boot up there are no options such as press F2 to enter set up e.t.c. There is absolutely nothing just a black screen and after a few seconds windows boot up.
I tried, Esc, dell, F2, F8 pretty much all the F's. I also tried different monitors thinking that it might be due to a slow monitor response but no luck. Someone in another forum suggested taking out the motherboard battery and putting it back again. I did do that but no joy :( .

Can somebody please help me?
Any suggestions, please?

Thanks a lot.

goud
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Edition P2500

Re: Can't enter BIOS

Postby goud » Wed Nov 05, 2008 15:42

Right!!

I just figured it out. A few months ago I installed a graphics card on my PC. Before that I was always using the motherboard's VGA input.
I took the graphics card out and put the VGA cable to the motherboard's input and I can now see and enter the BIOS.

Just thought to let you. It worked for me. If you have the same problem try that. Remember you have to take out the graphics card, not just unplug the VGA cable from it.

Take care.

Return to “ESPRIMO”