[P5905] Scanner problem

Moderator: ModTeam

oz1bwd

[P5905] Scanner problem

Postby oz1bwd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 22:02

I can't install a HP Scanjet 4850 on my Esprimo P5905 Windows breaks down. I use the latest driver from HP. Maybe I need a BIOS upgrade? HP thinks that it is because my Pc is infected with virus. :)
Regards
Peter Jensen

olshevch

Postby olshevch » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:53

If your device is connected through USB and your USB works perfectly with other devices, then I don't think that you need a BIOS update.
Also I know a few cases, when HP PC's have weird problems with USB compatibility. So, I am suspicious about it.
Anyway, HP support could have a reason. So, check your PC for viruses.

PS Try to install all updates for Windows first.

oz1bwd

Postby oz1bwd » Tue Feb 13, 2007 16:17

I can use cameras, printers, memorysticks, GPS devices etc. with my USB ports without a problem. The Pc is 100 % updated from MS and Kaspersky AV can´t find any virus. Nor can Symantec online scanner.

Very weird I think.
Regards

Peter Jensen

oz1bwd

Postby oz1bwd » Sat Mar 03, 2007 15:37

After a clean Windows reinstall (with 57 updates) I succeded in installing the scanner and it works. The eventlog was filled with yellow warnings about problems with HP's software and Windows MSIinstaller though. I don't think that HP's scanner software is 100% Windows compatibel. From HP support I received two patches to allow HP software to be installed. The only way was a format c: and a reinstall of Win XP Pro sp2.
Regards

Peter Jensen

susi09
Product(s): XP

Re: [P5905] Scanner problem

Postby susi09 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:29

I think you should discuss the matter with an expert. If you find it difficult to get an expert you can get in touch with http://www.supportonclick.com. The staffs over there are quite expert and helpful to solve any kind of tricky job. They had helped me a lot when I was going through a lot of trouble with my brand new canon printer. I hope they will be able to solve your problem too if you seek their help without delaying much.

Return to “ESPRIMO”