[P5905] PCI or PCIe

Moderator: ModTeam

fedemarin

[P5905] PCI or PCIe

Postby fedemarin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 15:53

Hi,I have a professional computer,Sprimo P and I want to buy a new graphic card.But first i have to know the entries of my PC,if it has PCI or PCI-express,how can I know it?? The graphic card I´ve chosen needs a PCI-express x16.Thank you,sorry for my english and my ignorance

Mayr_TS

Postby Mayr_TS » Thu Nov 02, 2006 13:17

I assume, you mean the ESPRIMO P.
It depends on which ESPRIMO P you have. In the following machiens you can use PCI express graphics cards:

ESPRIMO P5905
ESPRIMO P5600
ESPRIMO P5915
ESPRIMO P5916
ESPRIMO P5710
ESPRIMO P5615
ESPRIMO P5616

On the ESPRIMO P5710 you can't use a PCI express graphics card.

fedemarin

Re:

Postby fedemarin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 23:40

Mayr_TS wrote:I assume, you mean the ESPRIMO P.
It depends on which ESPRIMO P you have. In the following machiens you can use PCI express graphics cards:

ESPRIMO P5905
ESPRIMO P5600
ESPRIMO P5915
ESPRIMO P5916
ESPRIMO P5710
ESPRIMO P5615
ESPRIMO P5616

On the ESPRIMO P5710 you can't use a PCI express graphics card.

Yes I have Esprimo P 5905,then I buy the graphic card Nvidia 7600GT PCI-e x16 without any problem.Thank u very much for the info Mayr_TS.I didn´t know it seeing the manuals.Thanks

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Thu Nov 09, 2006 23:44

Hey, Fedemarin, are you sure that GeForce 7600 GT card will work on your Esprimo P when it comes to power supply? I have just learned the hard way, due to the general unwillingness among manufacturers and retailers of graphics cards to give their customers (clear and easily accessible) information about the required power supply for their products to work properly, that a GeForce 7900 GT card needs far more power (350W) than my Esprimo P can provide (230W continuously). The 7600 GT needs less power, but still 300W at least, it seems.
If you have already bought that card, please tell me here how it went, for I'm interested in that card, too, since the PSU on Esprimo P is so badly engineered for the future as to be unreplaceable (non-upgradeable), if I have understood it correctly.
Cheers!

fedemarin

Re:

Postby fedemarin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:47

Demokritos wrote:Hey, Fedemarin, are you sure that GeForce 7600 GT card will work on your Esprimo P when it comes to power supply? I have just learned the hard way, due to the general unwillingness among manufacturers and retailers of graphics cards to give their customers (clear and easily accessible) information about the required power supply for their products to work properly, that a GeForce 7900 GT card needs far more power (350W) than my Esprimo P can provide (230W continuously). The 7600 GT needs less power, but still 300W at least, it seems.
If you have already bought that card, please tell me here how it went, for I'm interested in that card, too, since the PSU on Esprimo P is so badly engineered for the future as to be unreplaceable (non-upgradeable), if I have understood it correctly.
Cheers!

I answered you,I hope you saw it.What do you mean when you say " my Esprimo P can provide (230W continuously)"? You refer to your source electricity or the computer Esprimo P can´t works with more than 230W.I hope this PC can works with 400 W because the 7600 GT needs a 350-400W,all the electronics together,screen,main tower,print,modem...

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Sat Nov 11, 2006 13:00

I've sent you another PM as an answer, Fedemarin.
I hope that when the manufacturers of graphics cards state the power requirements for their cards they give the figure for that card TOGETHER with rest of the computer's normal parts.
D

fedemarin

Postby fedemarin » Sun Nov 12, 2006 15:57

Hi Demokritos!! I have asked about this in a hardware forum.I said Im really interested in the 7600GT and I told our problem,I have the 5905 model too and our max output of power supply is 260W.They proposed me to buy an additional power suply of 400W and install inside the tower and the graphic card will works perfect included the rest of the components of the PC we have.I want to buy a new power supply,its not expensive.But my question now is:Can we install a new pow supply in Esprimo P? Please,fujitsu members forum,give us any answer or solution,the support of Fujitsu spanish website is very poor.Thanks very much

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Fri Jun 01, 2007 18:36

I have now bought a different power supply at 300W (the only one more powerful than the original that is said to fit our machine, the Esprimo P) and a FANLESS GeForce 7600 GT (from XFX), since it's likely to require less "juice" than fan-equipped ones, and the 7600 GT series are probably the fastest cards around which require as little power as this. It's working perfectly (so far), completely silent and with considerable more "eye candy" than the onboard graphics, not to mention that I can now start up games which didn't work at all before.

Return to “ESPRIMO”