Esprimo P - Problem with internal and external speakers

Moderator: ModTeam

mikey2001

Esprimo P - Problem with internal and external speakers

Postby mikey2001 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 15:57

Hello all,

I have a problem with a friend's PC and I have been unable to fix it so far. The PC in question is a Fujitsu - Siemans Esprimo P series. The PC has an internal speaker (in addition to the bog standard 'beeper' internal speaker that all PCs have).

I bought him a set of Altec Lansing speakers to go with this system to improve the sound quality (the internal speaker is a bit tinny) but when I plugged them in the sound output still comes from the internal speaker. I had a play around in the BIOS and Windows, but all I can do is disable the internal speaker - there doesnt seem to be a way of getting the PC to recognise that external speakers have been plugged into the onboard sound's output. Does anyone have any ideas?

Gratefully yours,

Mike

JohnH

Postby JohnH » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:46

Strange i have an Esprimo P and as soon as i either plug in external speakers to the rear or front line out port (green) the internal speaker is disabled in the same way as plugging in headphoes to a sound system

mikey2001

Postby mikey2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 20:49

Thanks for the reply John, I hadnt tried the front port, il give it a go next time im round his house. :)

doenermann

Postby doenermann » Wed Jan 11, 2006 21:48

i don't have an esprimo, but another f+s computer. the onboard sound is from realtek (hd-audio). maybe the esprimo has the same sound"card" then you can search for "realtak hd audio manager". it's always running (icon in taskbar), but pretty handy. (should solve your problem) or try an automatic driver-update. you should get the sound manager there as well. provided that you have realtek hd-audio...

greetings from germany, old europe

mikey2001

Postby mikey2001 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55

Hello all, thank you for the advice, ive managed to fix the problem by plugging the speakers into the headphone jack on the front of the system and they seem to work fine! :D

Return to “ESPRIMO”