AH530 Distorted Audio

Moderator: ModTeam

markob53
Product(s): Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

AH530 Distorted Audio

Postby markob53 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:56

Good morning,

I recently bought my mum a new AH530 Lifebook laptop (i3 processor, 6GB ram, 500GB HD and Realtek Audio) however it appears she is having problems with distorted audio in songs, i tried playing a song on youtube and the sound appears to distort, even more so at higher volumes (like if a high note is sung for example) system sounds also distort and sound crackly.

Turning the volume down from 100 to 75 appears to help the issue as the distortion can't be heard, but obviously this makes songs sound quieter than desired.

I uninstalled the drivers and installed Microsofts driver and installed the very latest from the realtek site and it doesn't make any difference. Is there anything i can do or is it just a simple case of the audio being poor on these laptops?

Thanks

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: AH530 Distorted Audio

Postby sabrex » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47

The audio on these are usualy very good through connected power speakers or through headphones. Generaly using the onboard low watt speakers will sound tinny at best. Its possible at 100 you might get some distortion Im not sure about the crackling though which is also audible at 75. This may be cause for alarm. I was aware of audio driver problems like this resolved by downloading http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ and clicking High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)
then :64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8 Driver only (Executable file) R2.70 2012/6/22 55004k
If you have done this then it will not be that.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”