Lifebook AH531 Touchpad

Moderator: ModTeam

dillon
Product(s): lifebook Ah531

Lifebook AH531 Touchpad

Postby dillon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26

Hi I have a new lifebook AH531 and im finding the touchpad very sencitive to the point that It seems like I can click on anything almost without touching the pad at all, several times I have deleted work or found myself navigating away from a page without wanting to. Is it possible to decrease the sencitivity of the pad.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Lifebook AH531 Touchpad

Postby sabrex » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56

Hi yes you can adjust.
Click the Start Orb then in the search programs and files type Mouse
Click Mouse above that was found then when the mouse Properties box opens click on the last tab saying Device Settings
Mouse_Properties.jpg
Mouse_Properties.jpg (32.69 KiB) Viewed 19883 times

Click to highlight the device and then click on Settings.
This will open up the touch pad settings.

Touch_Sensitivity.jpg
Touch_Sensitivity.jpg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 19883 times

This setting controls actual touch pad sensitivity. If the user has a light touch just move the slider to the left, having a heavy touch would require a move to the right. Light touch will increase the sensitivity; heavy touch will decrease the sensitivity.

The next setting will be the Palm Check. This option sets the touch pad for heavy typing or light typing. This control will help keep the cursor from jumping around while typing.
Palmcheck.jpg
Palmcheck.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 19883 times

The palm check setting helps keep accidental contact to the touch pad from interfering with the typing. The palm check minimizes unwanted pointer or cursor movement. Increase settings to help prevent the problems, decrease if the problem does not interfere with the typing procedures.

Hope this helps

dillon
Product(s): lifebook Ah531

Re: Lifebook AH531 Touchpad

Postby dillon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:18

Wow Thank you very much what a difference that makes, much appreciated. :D

Return to “LIFEBOOK”