Lifebook T3010 Tablet - how do you reinstall XP?

Moderator: ModTeam

datadiffusion
Product(s): Scaleo Home Server, Lifebook S7220, Esprimo Q5010, Esprimo desktop, esprimo M series, Scaleo E, blah blah!

Lifebook T3010 Tablet - how do you reinstall XP?

Postby datadiffusion » Fri Apr 13, 2012 21:27

Hi,

I have a Lifebook T3010 and no OS. AFAIK there was no offical CD for this, but I do have a legal copy of XP Pro, but it just hangs during the installation... I can't seem to find anything useful via google etc... Is there ANY support from Fujitsu for this, i.e can a support centre re-image a blank hard drive??

The guy I bought it from had somehow managed to get 7 working (badly) so I can only assume the underlying hardware is OK...

Thanks,

Stuart.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Lifebook T3010 Tablet - how do you reinstall XP?

Postby sabrex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25

Hi, The recovery process for the T3010 is by an externally USB connected CD/DVD. The recommended unit is the Traveller III device part number S26361-F3038-L400. The BIOS is able to boot from this device. It is addressed as CDROM in the "boot menu".
The OS recovery is delivered as a Ghost image on a DVD. It is only possible to do a complete overwrite. NO MICROSOFT CD/DVD IS AVAILABLE. A special T Series Drivers and utilities with Deskupdate interface is required to load the correct drivers.
The D&U CD also contains the additional software.--- security, adobe, winzip, apps buttons, Easyguide etc and the relevant Microsoft Hotfixes ( at time of issue ) I dont think your disk is working because its non tablet version.

datadiffusion
Product(s): Scaleo Home Server, Lifebook S7220, Esprimo Q5010, Esprimo desktop, esprimo M series, Scaleo E, blah blah!

Postby datadiffusion » Wed May 09, 2012 17:54

Thanks for that info - is the DVD something you have to buy, or would it have originally been supplied with the unit? Is there a part no available?

Many thanks, Stuart.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Thu May 10, 2012 8:39

originally been supplied with the unit if you do not have the disk i dont think you can get hold of it.
:roll:

Return to “LIFEBOOK”