Bluetooth problem with Lifebook S760

Moderator: ModTeam

goutambkol
Product(s): Lifebook S760 & Lifebook AH530

Bluetooth problem with Lifebook S760

Postby goutambkol » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:54

I got a Lifebook S760 (8GB RAM/Win 7 Pro 64bit preloaded) a year back. From the very first day I have noticed that the Bluetooth driver is getting installed without any problem. But I can't start any Bluetooth services (File transfer or Image Transfer etc.) on the device. The Notebook is being discovered by other Bluetooth enabled devices like other laptops or mobile phones. The notebook's Bluetooth device also detects other Bluetooth devices nearby. But None of the Bluetooth services are running on the system.

I have called the authorized service person who also failed to use the Bluetooth device. They finally (along with Fujitsu Support Desk, India) asks me to Format the entire hard disk (not a logical partition, but the entire disk) to diagnose the problem. They told me that this practice may or may not work to solve my resolve my problem.

My questions area:
a. Have anybody faced this problem with Win 7 64-bit ?
b. Is it a normal practice to format hard disk (not merely a system reload) to rectify Bluetooth problem?
c. Could there be any hardware or system issue, e.g. power, interrupt etc.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Bluetooth problem with Lifebook S760

Postby sabrex » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56

goutambkol wrote:a. Have anybody faced this problem with Win 7 64-bit ?
b. Is it a normal practice to format hard disk (not merely a system reload) to rectify Bluetooth problem?
c. Could there be any hardware or system issue, e.g. power, interrupt etc.

a. yes and its people not knowing how to setup bluetooth properly
b. no
c. not likely --- "Bluetooth device also detects other Bluetooth devices nearby"

make sure wireless is on as this enables the bt / umts etc
WLAN ON.jpg
WLAN ON.jpg (13.87 KiB) Viewed 18405 times

To install a Bluetooth enabled device
a.Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.
b.Click Add, and then follow the instructions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-Bluetooth-enabled-devices

In any case, you should always stick to the following rule:
“IF ANY PROBLEM OCCURS, ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO UPGRADE TO THE LATEST BIOS-, DRIVER- AND SOFTWARE-VERSION AND CHECK, IF THE ISSUE STILL EXISTS! ALSO UPDATE YOUR USED HARDWARE IF POSSIBLE! (FIRMWARE-UPDATE FOR ACCESS POINT, ROUTER, ETC.)”
You can find the latest drivers, firmware- and BIOS-files etc. on the Fujitsu-support page or on the according devices manufacturer homepage (e.g. Intel).
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Index.asp?LNG=COM
might be worth putting your serial in and clicking DESKUPDATE99% sure the latest Bluetooth drivers will be found.

also see here with pics.
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/07/how-to-setup-bluetooth-device-pairing-with-windows-7/

Return to “LIFEBOOK”