NH570 noisy fan runs continuously

Moderator: ModTeam

ullasa
Product(s): NH570

NH570 noisy fan runs continuously

Postby ullasa » Fri Feb 11, 2011 16:24

I bought my Lifebook NH570My i December and it was working very well for 2 months after I bought it. But something has changed in the last week. Before, the fan used to spin loudly occasionally when I ran some programs and then became quiet once again. This was perfectly fine with me and I had no complaints.

But now the fan starts spinning 10 min after starting the computer. I have three different operating systems on the computer (Windows 7 and two linux OSes) and I have the problem in all of them, so it is definitely not because of some program. Besides, I am monitoring my computer all the time to see what processes are running and how much CPU power is being used. After using the computer for a few hours, the fan runs continuously even if the CPU load is less than 10% and the computer is idle. This never happened before. I have now placed the computer in such a way that there is plenty of air circulation for the fans, but this does not help.

The hardrive warms up gradually and reaches a maximum of 35 degrees or so. The Nvidia GPU temperature reaches a maximum of ca. 43 degrees. The CPU cores very rarely go above 45 degrees.

I used to take the computer to lectures and meetings, but now I cannot do it because the fan makes so much noise all the time! My colleagues who sit in the same office can hear the humming noise.

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem? I have read reviews that say it runs quietly, and it definitely did that for the first two months. What could be wrong? Could it be that the chipset fan has stopped working and the system fan is working hard to compensate for it?

ullasa

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: NH570 noisy fan runs continuously

Postby sabrex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 16:55

Highly unusual please contact your local warranty helpline so they can sort this out for you.
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/worldwide/

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Fri Mar 18, 2011 13:34

may have a solution not sure if its same on your unit
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=44073&p=141527#p141527

juroska
Product(s): Lifebook T900

Postby juroska » Sat Jan 28, 2012 15:43

@Ullasa,

Not so unuasual, my Lifebook T has the same problem, did you find a sollution?

Regards,

Juroska

ullasa

Postby ullasa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:25

@Juroska

Sorry for the delayed reply. No, I have not solved this problem. I got it checked for free by Fujitsu UK - they were very courteous and I was pleased with the service, but they proclaimed that it works just fine. The noise is unbearable and I can't take it to meetings these days. Even the expensive noise-cancelling microphone on my webcam cannot annul the noise and its almost useful for skype chat! I found another forum where a lot of people are having the same problem.

http://forums.techarena.in/portable-dev ... ost5601667

I thought I was the only one, but it seems to be a very common problem. I am willing to pay to do something to keep the noise quiet, but I have no clue what to do. Perhaps replace the fan with a silent one? I wonder if it would be possible for Fujitsu to release a BIOS update to control the fan?

Fujitsu needs to acknowledge this problem and do something about it!!!!!

ullasa

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49

Have you updated your BIOS (i think latest is 1.06 dated 31.05.2010)
Check by clicking start and typing system information. open system information and check under BIOS version

ullasa

Postby ullasa » Tue Apr 03, 2012 16:05

Thanks for the reply, sabrex. I bought the computer in 2011 and it came with the latest BIOS version.

ullasa

Return to “LIFEBOOK”