[SH760] Battery discharges itself

Moderator: ModTeam

LCP
Product(s): Lifebook SH760

[SH760] Battery discharges itself

Postby LCP » Tue Jul 27, 2010 17:05

Hello, this is my first post here... I have a SH760 (Core i7-620M CPU and NVidia GeForce 310M GPU) which is barely a month old. Recently I left my notebook unused for a week after fully charging it (was using it on AC power for at least 6 hours before shutting down). To my surprise, upon boot up a week later the battery level shown was just at about 55% only. I think this discharge rate is rather abnormal. Would like to know what do you guys think about this. Also, what are your thoughts on this: is my battery defective, or is there some abnormal leakage current on my notebook even at fully powered down state?

Thanks.

LCP

Re: [SH760] Battery discharges itself

Postby LCP » Tue Aug 03, 2010 14:10

I replicated this result again last week... left the notebook unused for 7 days after fully charging the battery (so it seemed), and when I booted it up it showed only 56% left.

I used it till the battery charge showed as 12% left only. After shutting it down for just over 24 hours, I booted up and the battery level showed as 11%. I know the boot process consumed quite a bit of battery, so the conclusion here is there is no abnormal discharge if I leave it in a rather low battery state for 24 hours, but to lose over 40% charge in one week seemed abnormal... Any suggestions?

schnecke
Product(s): Xi 2550;Xi3650

Postby schnecke » Tue Aug 03, 2010 18:17

Hallo,
I had the same problem with my book 2 y ago, may be a serial failure. I should switch off my LAN after shutdown (and I had to flash my BIOS therefor).
If this will not repair your discharging of battery, call the Helpdesk (under warranty) and send the book with battery for checking to Fujitsu repair station.
Regards schnecke(m)
Es gibt keine dumme Frage, sondern nur eine dumme Antwort.

LCP

Postby LCP » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:04

Thanks for the information, my notebook is totally disconnected when powered down. Will continue to monitor, it is possible that the battery has not reached its full capacity yet, if the instructions in the user manual is true... supposedly need a few full charge and discharge cycles before the battery can reach its full capacity.

schnecke
Product(s): Xi 2550;Xi3650

Postby schnecke » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:11

Hallo,
I think, you understood. It is not a question of disconnection, but a internal discharging. You should if possible switch off your LAN-activator on the book in the status of powered down.
Regards schnecke(m)
Es gibt keine dumme Frage, sondern nur eine dumme Antwort.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”