Fujitsu lifebook AH550, the fan work continuously and noisy

Moderator: ModTeam

barcamilan
Product(s): Lifebook AH550

Fujitsu lifebook AH550, the fan work continuously and noisy

Postby barcamilan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43

i have Fujitsu lifebook AH550, i installed win xp sp3 and updated it with all drivers have installed,
then i installed some of my software like sql server and vs.net and ...

now if i open any programs that use many resourses the fan work with noise sound and work semi countinous, and when i don't open any program, the fan work with noise sound but may it take between 1-3 min, this sound of fan is very noisy specially i working at my home with quiet environment.

i want to to ask,is this problem built in with this model, or really there are a problem.

note : i have used many laptops, like fujitsu amilo pro and other laptops, at the same enviroment, and there no any noise sound for the fan.

please any one can help me.

GinGinGirl

Re: Fujitsu lifebook AH550, the fan work continuously and no

Postby GinGinGirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21

I am having the same problem and I am not running any applications at all. I tried changing the power settings to "Balanced" but this has not helped. It does not matter if I am running on battery or not. The fan does not start until 15 minutes after the machine has been powered up and then it cycles on for about 10 seconds every 3 minutes. It is loud. Loud enough to have woken me from a sleep and loud enough for someone to hear 10 feet across the room. The machine does not appear to be hot. I have called tech support twice but get nowhere. This is not normal and I am quite frustrated as the laptop is only 2 weeks old.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

barcamilan

Postby barcamilan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32

To: GinGinGirl

sorry for lating about the answer.

at first the noise fan make me crazy also, becuase i work at night usually and home,
so im back to the company that had sold me the laptop, and i told them my problem,
and after suffering with them, they told me that some laptops usually have fan sound, and some laptops models have no fan sound 'silent' laptops, and you can
distinguish that by "Quiet Running" Logo at the model on the fujitsu website, the logo shape like a silent face,and the the company told me that i have 2 choices:
1- to see another model have 'quiet running' characteristic,and they will charge to me, or
2- return your money to you.

when i search the fujitsu web site, i found just 3 models, like lifebook E780,S710
the 'lifebook s710' is a nice laptop,but 14.1'' lcd, and becuase i want 15.5'' for my designing work, so i get the second choice, and after hardly work they return my money.
my email: rami1980xp@hotmail.com

mikes
Product(s): ah550

Postby mikes » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05

I bought an AH550 fujitsu laptop for my company in the 3rd of August of 2010. After 20 days of no problem at all, the fan started behaving the same way described above. It starts/stops periodicaly making a very annoying noise preventing the user of being in an efficient working envronment.

Speedstep is enabled in bios. In power options the scheme chosen is the "balanced" with passive policy in both battery and power states enabled. The average temperature of this laptop is 48-50 (sometimes the temperature reaches 60 C with 3-5 % load)C in 20 C temperature environment.

I contacted one of the greek authorized service companies. They tested the laptop, upgraded the bios and gave it back to me with a response that it has no problem at all. I returned the laptop and that time they contacted fujitsu directly reporting my problem. Today i was told that fujitsu responded that the ah550 laptop has no such reported problem and that for sure there is not a fan problem.

As a result our company laptop(which was bought for study usage), was not repaired by the greek service company. It keeps making this extremely annoying noise preventing anyone of being able to study in this laptop or use it for a long time.

When i bought a Fujitsu laptop i thought that in case of a problem like this i would have the support of a big company, but as it seems i was wrong.

I am going to contact fujitsu directrly in order to get an official response to my problem. Until then i am back to the good old times with my 5 years old lenovo r61.

If anyone from fujitsu wants to contact me for details etc, i will be pleased to help by giving further information.

GinGinGirl

Postby GinGinGirl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 13:47

My problem was never solved either and I absolutely hate this laptop. Unfortunately, I bought it in the U.S. but live in Germany. The reason I did so is because there is an "international warranty" but that meant nothing as the German service team doesn't and won't answer my inquiries. I gave up and just learned to live with it but I have gotten so angry at times that I want to pick the piece of crap up and throw it on the floor! It is like operating a PC from the year 2002. It is so slow because of the CONTINUOUS fan noise.

Please help!!!!!!

ullasa
Product(s): NH570

Postby ullasa » Fri Feb 11, 2011 16:27

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread. My Lifebook NH570 has been operating very well for 2 months, but since last week I have the problem of the fan running noisily all the time. I used to take it to meetings and lectures, but cannot do that now as the noise is too disturbing. I am wondering if you have been able to solve this problem in some way?

ullasa

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 17:41

If your going to resurrect old thread check you got a lifebook A ! I think you got a LIFEBOOK N Series or maybe im seeing things wrong :?

ullasa
Product(s): NH570

Postby ullasa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 14:11

hi sabrex, thanks for your reply on my other post. there is no other post on the NH570 and this problem seems to be the most similar to mine. was just wondering if it was solved or not...

bg21
Product(s): Fujitsu Lifebook AH550

Postby bg21 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:46

Hi,
Similar to others, I have noise issues with my Lifebook AH550. It worked fine for about 9 months, then started occasionally making noises sounding like a poorly oiled fan bearing, but louder. On some occasions this results in BOD, sometimes the noise stops after approximately a minute. I have attempted blasting all the dust out of all possible openings, but that did not make any difference, besides I kept the laptop well maintained before and there was little / no dust. Since I have purchased the laptop at Costco, I am simply planning to return it there or get a replacement. This is not something I would expect from a Fujitsu laptop.

BryanF
Product(s): Fujitsu Lifebook PH521

Postby BryanF » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37

I have a different model (Lifebook PH521) and the fan stays ON even on standby (with the LCD is OFF). If Fujitsu designed it that way, thats' a blunder in my opinion. I should have bought an Asus.

The worst part, I tried to contact Taiwan Service (from where I bought my notebook), they said it is normal since I have an AMD CPU and it's hotter than Intel. What a CRAP explanation. My complain is even on standby, the fan should be turned OFF since no activity and I'm sure the CPU is cool at that time. Is this what you call Energy-Star compliant?

The BIOS has a fan setting Silent and Normal. Switching from different settings DOES NOT HAVE any effect. Was the BIOS done hastily?
Last resort would be a BIOS update from Fujitsu, which I think they are not as active as other manufacturers when it comes to updating BIOS.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”