T900: Keeping secondary landscape on tablet conversion

Moderator: ModTeam

DaveOnBass
Product(s): Lifebook T900

T900: Keeping secondary landscape on tablet conversion

Postby DaveOnBass » Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:21

Hi again...

OK, so I want my tablet to autorotate the screen 180 degrees when I flip the screen and latch it down. I got it to DO that, but after a brief second or two, it changes to portrait instead. Over at the tablet PC forum there are exhaustive instructions on how to do this with a T5010, but the installed drivers in the T900 are different and I don't know enough about drivers to suss it out for myself.

Anyone out there have a simple and permanent fix for this? I'm actually hoping for someone from Fujitsu to answer, as that's what I thought this forum was for.

Thanks
Dave

VenomSnake
Product(s): Fujitsu T5010
Fujitsu T900

Re: T900: Keeping secondary landscape on tablet conversion

Postby VenomSnake » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:46

Dave,

Try this:
open regedit, and navigate to HKLM>SOFTWARE>Fujitsu>Wfi Controls
change the "Disable Tablet Orientation" key to 0, and the "Tablet Primary Orientation" key to 2. I was having the exact same problem as you, and that seems to have fixed it.

A question for you though. Are you having problems with the pen and multitouch working after resuming from standby. Mine work perfectly on a fresh boot, but as soon as I put it to sleep and wake up again, the pen is all screwy and the multitouch doesn't work at all. Any insight you might be able to give would be appreciated.

Thanks

DaveOnBass

Postby DaveOnBass » Thu Mar 04, 2010 13:25

Venom - thanks so much - the reg edits worked! Interestingly, though, it didn't matter what I set the "primary tablet orientation" value to; when I got into tablet mode it stayed Primary Landscape (i.e. upside down if the chassis remained with the trackpad facing me). BUT, these regedits allowed me to rotate the picture to Secondary Landscape with the bezel button, save that as my Undocked Tablet profile, and it actually stays in place!

As for your sleep/wake issues: I'm not familiar with that problem, but then again I don't have the dual digitizer - I only got the Wacom digitizer as I don't need finger-touch at all.

Good luck, and thanks for the help!
Dave

dfc
Product(s): T900

Postby dfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 22:05

VenomSnake wrote: Are you having problems with the pen and multitouch working after resuming from standby. Mine work perfectly on a fresh boot, but as soon as I put it to sleep and wake up again, the pen is all screwy and the multitouch doesn't work at all. Any insight you might be able to give would be appreciated.

I'm having exactly the same post-sleep problem with the pen (and I assume the multitouch, but I use that less frequently) with my T900. By "screwy" I assume you mean that the pen cursor shows up anywhere from one to several inches away from the location of the pen point, and the cursor movement bears only a slight resemblance to the motion of the pen.

The first time it happened, I thought that perhaps the calibration had gone crazy, so I tried to re-calibrate, but the machine did not respond to the pen's pointing at all. Reboot seems needed.

Based on these two instances, I would say it's a Fujitsu error. Help!

-- dfc

VenomSnake
Product(s): Fujitsu T5010
Fujitsu T900

Postby VenomSnake » Wed Mar 24, 2010 19:02

dfc,

By installing the newest drivers for the "Bamboo Pen and Touch" from the wacom website (5.2.1-6 or now 5.2.1-6a), I've been able to get the active digitizer working correctly in all scenarios. e.g. after sleep, in all orientations, and in all applications. However, the huge disadvantage to this driver is that the multitouch input does not work at all in any circumstance, in fact, it isn't even installed. I've tried a bunch of things to try to get it working using this drivers by installing various different software packages, but all of them either don't work, or end up also breaking the active digitizer. For now I'm just going multitouchless because the active digitizer is more important to me, but I'm not really happy with this solution. If you figure anything out please let me know.

VenomSnake

agara73

Postby agara73 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 23:33

Hi,
i've got same problems.

Try to use ibernation instead of suspension, Win7 is more stable cause there's a better manage of usb port.

Anyway.. i'm waiting for a new driver that sove these problema. Someone in Fujitsu can tell us WHEN the new driver will be released please?...

thanks

ceeuw
Product(s): T900 Tablet PC

Postby ceeuw » Tue May 04, 2010 22:51

VenomSnake wrote:Dave,

Try this:
open regedit, and navigate to HKLM>SOFTWARE>Fujitsu>Wfi Controls
change the "Disable Tablet Orientation" key to 0, and the "Tablet Primary Orientation" key to 2. I was having the exact same problem as you, and that seems to have fixed it.

A question for you though. Are you having problems with the pen and multitouch working after resuming from standby. Mine work perfectly on a fresh boot, but as soon as I put it to sleep and wake up again, the pen is all screwy and the multitouch doesn't work at all. Any insight you might be able to give would be appreciated.

Thanks

Our T900 is at Fujitsu service for the exact same problems. Here are some quotes from the technician:

Regarding display not staying in secondary landscape mode:
When in tablet mode the unit will only support 3 orientations with the wireless switch turned on; Portrait, 2nd Portrait, and Landscape. If the wireless switch is turn off then the 2nd Landscape orientation becomes available. Page 35 of the owner manual refers to this.

Regarding the pen & cursor problems after sleep:
A Hotfix has been released from Microsoft to address this issue. We have tested this and it does correct the issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976755

Would you let me know if this fix works?

I have one question for other T900 owners; does your display orientation change automatically?

The Fujitsu technician says "by design, the display on T900 does not auto rotate (like an iPhone)!" I believe as received from factory, our display auto rotated just like an iPhone until I activated the panel buttons which disabled this functionality. Subsequent changes in panel button settings or complete system restore(s) never restored the auto-rotate functionality.

Thanks.

Ash
Product(s): T900 MultiTouch Win7x64 with i7, 4Gb Ram, 160Gb Disk

Postby Ash » Wed May 12, 2010 13:47

The Microsoft HotFix works great on the x64 with MutliTouch. Now the driver is reactivated and I get a message saying this when I come back from Sleep and Hibernate.

As to the WiFi switch and orientation, I use both all the time, every day, and have never noticed a relationship. The only orientation issues I have now are in games where I have to perform a song, dance and sacrifice to get a game in the orientation I want. Looks like games sense the orientation switch and "correct the problem". Pre-planning the orientation fixes this but it is a pain when in the middle of a game and you decide to go tablet or vice-versa.

I would trade my FireWire for an eSATA in a heartbeat...so sad...but I love the T900.

agara73

Postby agara73 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:32

the microsoft fix works, great!!! :) :) :)

RobReab
Product(s): Fujitsu T900

Postby RobReab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 17:34

I've tried hotfix, registry changes and Wacom software and am still having problems with the pen no being aligned with the curson when orientation changes. I'm also having the problem where the orientation changes back to portrait when calibrating. Any updates on solutions?

Return to “LIFEBOOK”