[S7720] Screen went 'snowy', now won't boot!

Moderator: ModTeam

datadiffusion
Product(s): Scaleo Home Server, Lifebook S7220, Esprimo Q5010, Esprimo desktop, esprimo M series, Scaleo E, blah blah!

[S7720] Screen went 'snowy', now won't boot!

Postby datadiffusion » Wed May 06, 2009 13:53

This laptop is under warranty, but I can't believe its happened after about a month!

Just printed something out, and looked back and my screen was snowy like an analogue TV thats not tuned in. First thoughts; some joker has put a screensaver on my PC.

Tried Alt-ctrl-Del, nothing happened
Tried power-off, nothing

Held down power button for 5 seconds.

Now, it won't boot at all - hard drive spins up but all that happens is that the 'num lock'
flashes about 1 sec on and 1 sec off. Nothing on the screen.

Tried reseating memory, no luck; other than that not much I want to do with an in-warranty mahcine.

But, I could do without the hastle; how on earth am I going to transfer my HD over??

Will FSC accept a laptop without HD and give me a replacement without HD? Or will it be a genuine
repair? Under consumer law, I think I'm entitled to a replacement as its failed so soon but I just need to get working again!

help!

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: [S7720] Screen went 'snowy', now won't boot!

Postby bubblegum » Wed May 06, 2009 22:24

Try using an external monitor, & back up.

I don't know anything about the warranty.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

sportphantom
Product(s): Lifebook S6410/20 & 7110

Re: [S7720] Screen went 'snowy', now won't boot!

Postby sportphantom » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05

Yes you can ask for replacement but I doubt that they will replace HDD inside that (you can always call to the service and ask if this is they cooperate with you or not). From corporate point of view - if some of my company laptops needed repairing then I usually replace HDD with idle one on my own, so that user can continue work on temp laptop with the original HDD, repairmen have never made an issue about that.
Image IT Engineer

Return to “LIFEBOOK”