[Pa 3553] \BOOT\BCD error and no BIOS setup combined

Moderator: ModTeam

frap
Product(s): Amilo Pa 3553

[Pa 3553] \BOOT\BCD error and no BIOS setup combined

Postby frap » Thu Mar 08, 2012 22:37

Hi,

I have the standard \Boot\Bcd Status: 0xc000000f error that seems to be quite frequent around the internet what complicates my problems is that when I reboot I do not get any "press F2 to enter bios" splash. I have tried repeatedly pressing F2 anyway, and then F12 for the boot menu, and then all the rest of the F keys on the off chance anything would happen.

I also tried to boot from the recovery dvd without any luck, and also with another Win 7 install disk I had at home. I also tried to boot from an ubuntu flash drive without any luck. It seems never to try to boot from anything other than the HDD even when it was removed it never loaded the dvd.
I have tried the thing with removing the battery for a while and put it back and then press the power button for 10 seconds without any change, did also remove the ram and tried rebooting with all possible combinations of modules and slots.
I have moved the HDD to another machine to save all my data and there is no problem with the disk. As a final resort I tried to repair the BOOT sector on that machine following the steps found here: social.technet.microsoft.com, again this changed nothing.

I'm at my wits end please help me is there anything else I could do to get it working again.
Amilo Pa 3553 Win 7 home premium 64-bit

otheos
Product(s): Amilo Pa3553

Re: [Pa 3553] \BOOT\BCD error and no BIOS setup combined

Postby otheos » Sun Mar 18, 2012 15:39

If you can't get to BIOS to change boot priority then you need to use another HD to boot from. I know it's not the easiest way, but maybe your keyboard is dead (and thus F2/F12 is being ignored).

frap
Product(s): Amilo Pa 3553

Re: [Pa 3553] \BOOT\BCD error and no BIOS setup combined

Postby frap » Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:52

Ok, sorry I didn't update this. I got a new ssd and installed ubuntu on it and then booted from that instead. After the first boot all the bios and boot options came back.

So problem solved.
Amilo Pa 3553 Win 7 home premium 64-bit

Return to “AMILO Notebook”