Free repair on Amilo from nVidia (announcement?)

Moderator: ModTeam

Alarm
Product(s): Amilo Xi2428

Free repair on Amilo from nVidia (announcement?)

Postby Alarm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:45

Hello.

The last few days my vga starts to fail. I get vertical lines on the screen, my laptop (Amilo Xi2428) crashes or does not even boot.
When the GPU cools down it is free to go for a few minutes again until the GPU heats up again.

I read many stories about the same problem, with the most recent being this one viewtopic.php?f=92&t=34997

I searched on the web and came to this.

Fujitsu NVIDIA Graphics Card Repair

Fujitsu NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Repair

Is your Fujitsu experiencing distorted video or flickering action? Is it older than 18 months? Then it is very possible that your computer is suffering from a NVIDIA GPU failure or fault. In this case, you should contact a repair centre in order to fix the disturbance as soon as possible. Creative IT has the solution to all your NVIDIA graphics chip problems.
Fujitsu NVIDIA Graphics Card Repair

Creative IT can offer guaranteed services for any NVIDIA graphics card reflow and rework requirements. We have an expert staff of experienced technicians and engineers who hold a strong intention of delivering friendly customer service. NVIDIA GPU problems can be confusing and frustrating but we will always provide accurate quotes and clear explanations. This coupled with our industry-leading BGA rework equipment and premises is an unbeatable combination to say the least! Regardless if the problem is basic or more complex; we always aim to carry out the repair on your Fujitsu in the most professional manner that won’t break the bank.

We are able to enhance the performance of all Fujitsu models, including:

AMILO A Series
AMILO K Series
AMILO M Series
AMILO S Series
AMILO X Series
AMILO P Series
AMILO L Series
AMILO Pro V Series
ESPRIMO Mobile V Series
ESPRIMO Mobile D Series
ESPRIMO Mobile M Series
ESPRIMO Mobile U Series
LIFEBOOK C Series
LIFEBOOK E Series
LIFEBOOK S Series
LIFEBOOK P Series
LIFEBOOK Q Series
LIFEBOOK T Series
CELSIUS H Series

A NVIDIA chip failure may take place due to a weak die/packaging material set. The solder can become too dry because of the regular temperature fluxes of the computer, and will therefore stop making contact to the motherboard. Fujitsu is just one among many computer brands that use NVIDIA chip technology and have experienced malfunctions because of the graphics processors and chipsets generating heat.

The ways by which you can tell that your NVIDIA graphics chip in your Fujitsu may be failing include:

Multiple images
Random or unusual characters on the screen
Horizontal, vertical or jagged lines appear on the screen
Video freezes
Video is distorted or scrambled
Flickering action
Random rebooting or shut down
Blank video or screen

Same Day London Fujitsu NVIDIA Graphics Card Repair

We provide our NVIDIA chip repair services to a diverse range of customers, including home users and families, small businesses and large corporations, government bodies and educational institutions. There are several options available for each individual customer, whether it be making use of our convenient walk-in service or same-day basis repairs, or having the Fujitsu sent to us via our arranged collection points or reliable courier services. The team at Creative IT appreciates that computers are a part of everyday life and problems can be stressful. For this reason, we guarantee to have your system back and up and running in the most speedy and straight-forward manner possible.

If you are certain that you need a NVIDIA chip repair or would like to discuss the possibility of undergoing any type of Fujitsu repair, you are able to contact Creative IT by telephoning on 020 7237 6805, emailing at info@creativeit.tv. Otherwise, if you are in the area why not visit us at our repair centre on 80 Willow Walk, The Willows, Unit 1, London SE1 5SY. Our office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday and our expert team will be more than happy to help you.

I gave a call to the above phone number but i was told that it is just a repair shop and they would not do any kind on service on my notebook. Also they suggested me to contact with the manufacturer (Fujitsu in that case) about it.

I also wrote an email on info@creativeit.tv and wait for a reply. In the above quote it is not mentioned anything about devices being in or out of warranty and they seem to accept that it is a hardware malfunction.

So, any ideas of what steps i should do? It looks that it is going to be one of the stories where no company accepts the problem and you finally end up buying a new notebook.

Has anyone any experience with the above procedure?

Regards

Alarm
Product(s): Amilo Xi2428

Re: Free repair on Amilo from nVidia (announcement?)

Postby Alarm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43

A reply from info@creativeit.tv was not was i was expecting. I was told of 135 UK pounds for the service.

I thought that would be something like a recall from nVidia, but apparently it is not

Return to “AMILO Notebook”