[Pa 3553] not starting. Lid sensor problem

Moderator: ModTeam

lferreira
Product(s): Amilo Notebook PA 3553

[Pa 3553] not starting. Lid sensor problem

Postby lferreira » Thu Feb 09, 2012 18:57

Hello,

I've got a Pa 3553 that one day, when i close the lid and opened it again, it was still in suspension.
At first, i've tought it was just blocked on suspension mode, and i've pressed the power button to resume. Instead it entered in suspension mode. Making a cold start, i'm seeing that the board is booting, but is like if the lid was down (aka not showing nothing on the screen).
I'm a IT technician, so i've already checked what could be the problem.

I've turn on the computer and i ear the fan start spinning and then slowing down (board booting).
I then dissassemble the laptop and checked all connectors, since the problem started when i close the lid and openned it again. All the cables were ok, including the main LCD connector.

I then tought it could be the lid sensor that was not working properly, but i did not find any sensor.
I then look carefully and notice that when i turn on the computer, the camera sensor led is on. This is strange, because it would only turn on when using the camera.

can someone give me any advise on it, or at least tell me were is the lid sensor?

otheos
Product(s): Amilo Pa3553

Re: [Pa 3553] not starting. Lid sensor problem

Postby otheos » Sun Mar 18, 2012 15:42

Not sure if this is any helpful but the camera LED comes on on a fresh boot if you have the battery replaced with a different one. So maybe you should check how it figures out there's a "new" battery. Like I said, I'm not sure if this can help you out.

lferreira
Product(s): Amilo Notebook PA 3553

Re: [Pa 3553] not starting. Lid sensor problem

Postby lferreira » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:09

That could explain the reason why it's always turning on the camera. Since i'm always pluging and unplugging the battery (No CMOS Battery connected) it recognized as a new battery.

The big question is where is the lid sensor. I've searched everywhere for it, and i couldn't find it

Return to “AMILO Notebook”