SLIC Bios?

Moderator: ModTeam

maraxion
Product(s): Amilo PA 1510

SLIC Bios?

Postby maraxion » Tue Oct 25, 2011 23:59

Hi.
My old Amilo PA1510 has the "newest " bios avalible with the 1.07C from 2007.
Iv now been thinking on puting windows 7 on it, but insure if it was possible.
After reading on the net I found something called SLIC, but Im unsure if I realy need it, and what it is.

After running a program called RW everything, I couldent find any SLIC in my bios. Is that bad or good? And should I flash my bios with an 2.1 Slic if I want windows 7?
Confused!

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: SLIC Bios?

Postby Caretaker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59

Hi Maraxion,

your system is not officially release for Windows 7. That means that you cannot find any drivers on the Fujitsu website.

To find out if there are drivers available for your system, you can use the "Windows Upgrade Advisor". This tool will check which drivers are available for your device. And then you can try to install Windows 7. But please note that it might be possible that some functions are not available if the drivers cannot be found.

Or you can wait, if somebody reports about his Pa1510 + Windows 7 experiences.

Regarding the SLIC, this can be ignored. The SLIC or SLP table is a part where an OEM-Windows licence key is written in. But your notebook does not have such a key for Windows 7 so you need an official legal Windows 7 key.

Asking in this forum how to flash this special key is not a good idea.
Please purchase a official Windows 7 licence.

Greeting
caretaker

maraxion
Product(s): Amilo PA 1510

Postby maraxion » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:27

Hi.
So iv used the upgrade advisor and all drivers are ok.

So you are saying that SLIC is ONLY for pirated windows? So if I have an normal windows 7 im ok without it?

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Postby Caretaker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31

If you have an original Microsoft Windows 7 key it is ok and the SLP string is not needed to install and use Windows 7.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”