Amilo pi 3560 - Curious PgDn problem

Moderator: ModTeam

tomsega
Product(s): Amilo Pi 3560

Amilo pi 3560 - Curious PgDn problem

Postby tomsega » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:44

I don't usually need help with anything PC-related but I truly am stumped for this one, had to re-register to the forums after a long absence.

Here's the problem: Page Down seems to keep 'going off' randomly. So for instance when running my browser the page irritatingly scrolls downwards, shooting to the bottom. This'll happen a few times every 5 minutes. Especially annoying when in the middle of typing something!

First I removed the key entirely and cleaned underneath for dust.
This didn't help.

Then I downloaded some software that rearranges/disables keyboard keys and accordingly disabled the PgDn key. The button is now 'off' as far as pressing it is concerned.

Yet it still happens!

I ran a keylogger and it confirms that it is indeed PgDn that keeps going off at random.

I ran the computer in safemode, which would seem to write off the chances of it being a software issue.

Help!

Z4CHARiAS
Product(s): Stock Amilo Pi 1536

Re: Amilo pi 3560 - Curious PgDn problem

Postby Z4CHARiAS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 22:25

new keyboard mate.
kudos

Vassilis
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo PI 3560

Re: Amilo pi 3560 - Curious PgDn problem

Postby Vassilis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38

Since the last week I have a problem with the keyboard. Button "W" is not responding at all when I press it. At the same time, if I press a button close to it, for example "E" or "R", "E" or "R" is typed correspondingly, but "W" also gets stuck and is typed like crazy until I stop this by pressing another button. As far as I know, nothing has been spilled on the keyboard, given that I am the only user of the notebook. In addition to this, there is not much dust in my appartment. Any ideas why is this happening? Washing the keyboard, before buying a new one, could be a solution? Does anyone know how to remove the keyboard? I watched a few videos in youtube, but I didn't manage to remove it. Of course I am out of the guarantee period.

I also posted this in a new topic viewtopic.php?f=60&t=46440 .

Return to “AMILO Notebook”