Pi 3540 screen freezes no respond

Moderator: ModTeam

tiaf
Product(s): Amilo notebook Pi 3540

Pi 3540 screen freezes no respond

Postby tiaf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 0:25

I got an Amilo Pi 3540 with a GeForce 9300M GS running on Vista .I had several problems in the past. Most frequent " blue screen and a crash dump memory notice" which happened more and more often until i had the above problem happening every 2 restarts .Another problem was that suddenly my screen didn't respond loosing image and after a short blinkering i was getting a message saying " the nvidia driver stop responding but was gained with success"
After numerous times that the above happened i was suggested by the system to run from the recovery discs because it was unable to launch Vista properly and fix the problems to an earlier point where my laptop was working.Even worse it couldn't run the recovery option at all.
I had to change the hard disc with a new one ,i 've changed my 2 RAM with new ones and i install Win 7 as well .
Fortunately i amn't having any blue screens or crash dump memory ,but i am still having the same problem with the screen . After a while my screen stops responding and i get a message " kernel driver stop responding but was gained with success" and after a while my screen freezes completely my mouse blocks , makes 1,2 abstact moves and then freezes too. nor my keyboard responds at all so am i obliged to shut my laptop from the on off button after several attempts . Then my laptop starts giving the message that it didn;t closed properly . 2 weeks before i downloaded the final driver udpate that was offered by NVIDIA i run AIDA64 which showed no mulfunctions but after a while my screen continues to freeze and stops responding giving the same message that even the last driver update stop responding too . What seems to be the problem after new hard disc, RAM, win 7 install and driver update i 've already performed ?

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Pi 3540 screen freezes no respond

Postby sabrex » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32

Check your BIOS version is 1.10C
if you are going to update the bios your safest way is via ISO (although the winflash is easier i recommend iso due to your units behaviour)
BIOS Flash (ISO CD-Image) - AMILO Pi3540 Version: 1.10C
available on the driver download page.http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
I think 1.09 had thermal sensor fixes but you must be running 1.10C

tiaf
Product(s): Amilo notebook Pi 3540

Re: Pi 3540 screen freezes no respond

Postby tiaf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 23:35

sabrex wrote:Check your BIOS version is 1.10C
if you are going to update the bios your safest way is via ISO (although the winflash is easier i recommend iso due to your units behaviour)
BIOS Flash (ISO CD-Image) - AMILO Pi3540 Version: 1.10C
available on the driver download page.http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
I think 1.09 had thermal sensor fixes but you must be running 1.10C

My Pi 3540 runs already on Bios version 1.10C
and Ec version 1.07 as it reports when entering Set-up
What do you recommend me to do?
is there a newer Bios version that i don't see ?

I 've to mention that not only the screen freezes but if it happens to watch a video in youtube f.ex, the sound "blocks" too making an odd noise

Return to “AMILO Notebook”