Amilo recovery

Moderator: ModTeam

thedood
Product(s): amilo2727

Amilo recovery

Postby thedood » Mon May 09, 2011 15:53

Hello all. My friend has an Amilo Li 2727, with Vista.
The computer has become increasingly slow. I suggested he restored the machine to it's factory settings. So on friday he gave me the laptop. On boot there is a message about recovery, stating to use the f 8 key to restore the machine, or burn the recovery discs.
In disc management the recovery patition is clearly visible.
However on booting into the advanced menu, I see all the usual options, eg safe mode, last known good configuration etc. Unfortunately there is absolutely no mention of any repair/recovery options.
He has had the laptop since new, and has never created any recovery discs.
Just to be sure I have tried every f key on boot, and none lead to any recovery option.
Can anyone please help. Is there any other way to reach the recovery option ( I realise you can purchase the discs at 36 euro )
Just to add the pc is virus free.
Many thanks for any help

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Amilo recovery

Postby sabrex » Mon May 09, 2011 16:48

Usualy try F9 then on the option f8 then "repair my computer" if that doesnt work then are you running Windows Vista® Home Basic ? or some other vista prem ?

thedood

Postby thedood » Mon May 09, 2011 18:09

sabrex wrote:Usualy try F9 then on the option f8 then "repair my computer" if that doesnt work then are you running Windows Vista® Home Basic ? or some other vista prem ?

Hi, thanks for replying. I have returned the laptop to my friend for the time being.
However, as I remember F2 let me enter the bios settings, f10 brought up and option said something about system32 \ winload.exe with two brackets [ ] with a log space between, there was no other option but to hit enter which loaded windows. The f 8 key brought up the advanced menu, but no recovery options. All other F keys simply asked which O.S to boot into, and there was only one Vista.Basic ( recovered )
I don't know what the ' recovered ' meant, but entering that booted windows normally.
In the computer properties ( right click my computer), it also said the OS was Vista.Basic (recovered)

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Tue May 10, 2011 15:54

i would suggest you get the serial number from under the unit starts with a Y or a D and call the uk warranty helpdesk. 08702 434397 Advise them of the situation and see if they have some back room stock of vista basic home edition.

thedood

Postby thedood » Wed May 11, 2011 17:42

Hi Sabrex, I rang the number. I got some snotty kid, who borked at the idea of supplying ang discs.
He too suggested trying f9 then f 8 . If i get chance, I will have another look at that ( Its not my pc )
Thanks for your advice. I think the pc has become corrupted ( possibly virus related ) Its several years old, I have no idea whats happened to it in the past.
Thanks again :)

pcbuzz
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P

Postby pcbuzz » Wed May 11, 2011 19:56

Wait i think i know what to do, when it boots press f12,

do this 2 times

thedood

Postby thedood » Thu May 12, 2011 16:20

Hi Sabrex, I tried to reply to your PM, but I think you have private messaging disabled

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Thu May 12, 2011 16:56

Doh sorry try again !

Return to “AMILO Notebook”