beamer cannot find my Amilo Li 1818

Moderator: ModTeam

ltk
Product(s): Amilo Li 1818 notebook

beamer cannot find my Amilo Li 1818

Postby ltk » Thu May 05, 2011 12:01

My beamer InFocus IN 2104 cannot find my Amilo Li 1818 when connected with the VGA cable of the beamer. Other notebooks work perfect with the same beamer and cable.
FN+F4 doesn't work. On the website of InFocus I found FN+F10, doesn't work. I tried all FN+F combinations. Somebody advised the Windows button+p: no reaction at all. The beamer tells me he is seaking a PC.
I connected the Amilo with my desktop pc screen (VGA) : works perfect, so the signal out must be OK.
Even if the resolution of the 2 devices doesn't fit, there must be some contact? Who can help me??

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: beamer cannot find my Amilo Li 1818

Postby sabrex » Thu May 05, 2011 12:29

► Switch off the notebook and the
external monitor.
► Connect the data cable for the external
monitor to the monitor port on the notebook.
First switch on the external monitor
and then the notebook.
this is the section people miss

Using the Fn + F4 key combination you can switch back and forth between
the external monitor and the notebook’s LCD screen.

ltk

Postby ltk » Sun May 08, 2011 9:50

sabrex wrote:First switch on the external monitor
and then the notebook

No result! Also a reboot when already connected doesn't help. No contact at all. There must be something missing in my notebook I'm afraid...

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Sun May 08, 2011 10:48

If you are still not getting an image go into the projectors internal menu’s and make sure that the Auto sync is enabled. This will allow the projector to automatically find the resolution type from the laptop. Most new projectors can sync automatically.

Also display properties if it finds the projector at least attached will be listing 1 and 2 screen.
Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

If you dont see 1 and 2 in this area then it is not picking up the projector at all.
Make sure your drivers are up to date by running deskupdate
right hand sidehttp://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/

:arrow: Its not actually a notebook problem as its working on a monitor connection fine.

ltk

Postby ltk » Mon May 09, 2011 21:06

sabrex wrote:If you dont see 1 and 2 in this area then it is not picking up the projector at all.
Make sure your drivers are up to date by running deskupdate
right hand sidehttp://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/

:arrow: Its not actually a notebook problem as its working on a monitor connection fine.

Indeed, my laptop is not picking up the projector at all. I updated with Deskupdate: some new drivers have been installed but concerning the beamer: no result. I tried once more another VGA cable, no result. I connected the notebook with my desktop monitor again with the beamer cable ánd with another VGA cable: my Amilo works perfect with both cables. And the beamer still works perfect with at least 2 other laptops....they have contact in less than a second.
Is this a notebook problem or a beamer problem ?????

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Thu May 12, 2011 9:34

Simultaneous internal/external display is only supported in the LCD panel's default resolution. The external display device (monitor, LCD projector/panel) must be capable of displaying the same resolution as your LCD display panel's default resolution. I Dont think its laptop but the way the beamer picks up signal. Could be set digital not analogue or something. To high resolution (above 800X600)

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Thu May 12, 2011 9:47

•Open Windows Mobility Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Mobile PC, and then clicking Windows Mobility Center.

do have above option?

also take a look at:
http://www.projector123.com/Prepare_Your_Laptop_For_Projector_Presentations.php

ltk

Postby ltk » Thu May 12, 2011 10:58

sabrex wrote:•Open Windows Mobility Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Mobile PC, and then clicking Windows Mobility Center.

do have above option?

also take a look at:
http://www.projector123.com/Prepare_Your_Laptop_For_Projector_Presentations.php

I cannot find the Mobility Center (Vista) , problem may be that I installed Vista in Dutch language....
I followed the instructions on www.projector123.com/Prepare_Your_Lapto ... ations.php . Very clear instructions and I changed the resolution. No result! In the properties of the screen he cannot find the external screen or projector.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”