AMILO XA3530 WiFi Problem

Moderator: ModTeam

alexanderpalamas
Product(s): Amilo Xa 3530

AMILO XA3530 WiFi Problem

Postby alexanderpalamas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26

Hello there

I have an Amilo Notebook Xa 3530 that recently has been formated with Windows 7 64-bit everything seems to work fine but there is a problem with the Wifi function.I looked for drivers in ths Fujitsu site and in the Atheros site but all i found was some files.there is no setup or something and i don't know where to put these files...any suggestions?

Tanukki
Product(s): Amilo xi3650

Re: AMILO XA3530 WiFi Problem

Postby Tanukki » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52

to install drivers that didn't come with an installer:

Go to Start and right-click on Computers and select Manage. This will bring the Computer Management window, now on the left sidebar select Device Manager.

Now, select the device who’s driver you want to update. The WiFi device is probably under "network adapters." Finally, click Update Driver Software. Select "find drivers manually" and browse for the folder containing the driver files you downloaded.

Fujitsu doesn't have windows 7 64-bit drivers for all models unfortunately. You can try the Xi 3670 drivers, I think that model has the same WiFi device, and it's for win7 64-bit. Or indeed look in the Atheros website for some drivers.

abutoma
Product(s): amilo xi3670

Postby abutoma » Tue May 03, 2011 22:03

And what do I do when I do not have the driver ?
Since got this laptop I have had problems on top of problems. Three times I had to return it when I bought it, and it has never been good. I have had to reinstall the OS three times. Last time I had to start from scratch and of course all driovers disappeared. The CD I got with the computer as new does of course not contain drivrers. It does not even start when I tried to recover from it.
I have worked with computers since the 70ies but never ever hAVE i COME ACROSS A COMPUTER SO BAD AND WITH SO LITTLE BACKUP from the producer

Tanukki
Product(s): Amilo xi3650

Postby Tanukki » Sat Jun 04, 2011 15:30

Yea it's pretty bad, once you change the operating system you're almost on your own when it comes to drivers. The CD supplied with the laptop won't be any good. Also if you have your computer fixed with warranty you're probably going back to factory settings, with windows Vista. There are working drivers for windows 7 out there, but in lack of WiFi you'll have to download them using a lan cable or another computer. For me it was easy because my model has a simple intel WiFi card with readily available drivers. Atheros isn't that nice though, what I'd try is the WiFi driver for Xi 3670 found on this site.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”