[Li3710] Webcam problem HELP PLEASE!!!

Moderator: ModTeam

Jooosh
Product(s): Amilo Li 3710

[Li3710] Webcam problem HELP PLEASE!!!

Postby Jooosh » Thu May 06, 2010 21:15

Hi, about two weeks ago my mum bought the Li 3710 notebook from Argos and about a week after using it i realised the blue light was not showing, my brother went to put the webcam on and it didnt work.

I tried numerous things like pressing Fn + F7 and all that came up was a unknown usb port and couldnt be recognised, I tried to backdate it to a earlier date closer to when my mum first bought it. That didnt work so i thought i'd use the recovery disk thinking that if i done that it would take the computer back to when she first bought it. Once that was done, i was amazed to find that everything to do with fujitsu like the programs that came with it, were not installed. I tried to install youcam but said i needed a webcam or if its intergrated (which it is) it needs to be installed. So, since the recovery disk took the computer back to completely clean without any programs on and just windows, ive had to re-install everything that i could, and i couldnt find the driver for the webcam and to be honest i dont think there is one exsiting on the hard drive anymore.

Ive searched all over the place on the computer and online for Amilo cam, even on the fujitsu website and i get nothing. So i type this for some advice and (or) help as to finding the webcam driver or anything that is used for the cam to work for my mums laptop as she was a bit gutted after spending £330 on the laptop and finding a week after the webcam doesnt work.

Is there any site that could provide me with the webcam driver or software or anything that would get the camera back.

All replys are appreciated,

Thanks,
Josh.

antoc1
Product(s): amilo l7320gw

Re: [Li3710] Webcam problem HELP PLEASE!!!

Postby antoc1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 21:41

hi josh
i am actually wondering if you have resolved the issue as the same thing happened to me and reading your post was like reading what i was going to post except mine crashed due to conflicting net security programs (i had norton free trial and when it ran out i tried to install avast and it caused the laptop to crash). anyway i have done everything you did and no joy at all. i see noone has replied to your post. just wondering if you had any luck other ways?

cheers
Anto

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: [Li3710] Webcam problem HELP PLEASE!!!

Postby sabrex » Fri Dec 30, 2011 14:48

The standard Microsoft Vista inbox driver is sufficient for the webcam, no special drivers are required. For testing purposes you can use the AMILO webcam test tool http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowDescription.asp?SoftwareGUID=2E8AF77C-4CA3-485A-A751-EB3B24E9775B&Info=FTS

We also recommend you run deskupdate from here after you have put in the serial number to make sure all drivers are up to date and installed : http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Index.asp?lng=com&Level1=&LNID=1

Return to “AMILO Notebook”