Product(s): Amilo Sa 3650

Amilo Sa 3650 Overheating

Postby qduda » Thu Feb 25, 2010 16:37

Hello,

My System is as follows:
Amilo Sa 3650 + Booster
Windows Vista x64
Up to date Bios Version.
Up to date drivers. (From the driver Website)

I've bought a Amilo Sa 3650 like 7 month ago. And I like it, it's performance for gaming (with booster) is nice, and its super portable for work. Since a few weeks, maybe a month, I keep getting overheating issues. I used the tool "Core Temp" and "Everest" for temperature measurement. In idle mode (only windows running, non additional Software but Core Temp) the CPU core Temp is about 50 °C. What is more than normal, but shouldn't be an issue. When i browse the web, use winamp and open outlook and office tools temp is going up to like 55-60 °C. This shouldn't be an issue as well. But when I play high performance games, or render videos with Blender, i keep getting overheating. Because of this i tried out a CPU Benchmark, which can drive the CPU to 100%. When I use a Benchmark driving the CPU to 100% for more than 2 minutes the CPU Core Temperature goes up to 95°C, after 3 min I'm at 100°C, after like 4 min the System just turns off with a core temp of 107°C(!). In the Technical-Reference-Handbook of the processor they say critical temp is 100°C. Why isn't the BIOS shutting down the System earlier or start to reduce the frequzency. I can't understand why the CPU is running with max. freq. even when its going to overheat. I checked out BIOS configuration, but it's pretty much as a "Bios Lite" Version, you can change nothing but Boot related stuff.

Well what ever. Why is my System overheating? The Notebook is standing on a desk with clear surface. I tried out other surfaces, glass table, metal table... always the same. The temperature in my room is about 20°C. Overheating happens without the booster, using notebook display, and with the booster - using only an external screen connected with the booster, notebook monitor is turned off.

I checked the air-slots at the side and the bottom of the notebook, i cant see any unusual here. I don't want to open the notebook, because I have still guarantee.

I've found this forum, so I thought its better to start a topic here, before contacting the support-line.

What can I do? I don't want to have an damage to the hardware because of overheating!

arrostos

Re: Amilo Sa 3650 Overheating

Postby arrostos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 21:46

I suggest you to contact with your local support center for this issue. Maybe there is an internal problem with heat. It seems that the cooler is doing nothing. 107C is too much for laptop... My laptop max temp is about ~72C

qduda

Postby qduda » Fri Feb 26, 2010 16:40

:/ Well seems to be the best to contact the support.
But by the way, I can hear the cooler running, with increasing temperature the cooler gets louder and the airflow is increased.

arrostos

Postby arrostos » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:31

If is that, then maybe the cooler and cpu doesn't have good contact to can pull out the temperature.

Lachim08
Product(s): FS Amilo Si 3650 + GB

Postby Lachim08 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 16:56

Hi I had the same problem and posted my machine to service center. They only cleaned it from dust and the teperature decreased. But only about 5-10°C :-(. And that is ok for them, because AMD can run to 100°C which is a bit unpleasant for me.

I think that if your machine turnes off after reaching the temperature, you can request the replacement machine, MotherBoard, etc.

Anyway visit or call the service.

antonyrey
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo SA 3650 with graphics Booster

Postby antonyrey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06

Hello,

I get exactly the same problem as mentionned previously.

When the CPU reaches about 90°C the performance starts to dramatically decrease !

I was very happy with this computer until this problem appeared a few feeks ago.

I can't even open the fan to clean it.

qduda

Postby qduda » Mon Mar 01, 2010 17:14

Hmm a Statement from Service Staff Member would be nice. :o
But i will contact the support this week.

arrostos

Postby arrostos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 21:50

Hey guys,
Contact with Support service for that, it couldn't reach 80C. I play heavy games with full graphic and the temp reach max about ~72C (I have under laptop a cooler without power on, Akasa 17")

antonyrey: When the CPU reaches about 90°C the performance starts to dramatically decrease !

That is what bios doing, safe CPU to overheating. Check your cooler for anything dirty to clean it up and make sure that, fan is not covered.

antonyrey

Postby antonyrey » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:50

Hello,

I wanted to check the cooler to clean it up but it's not possible to open the the laptop, the fan is not accessible ! If I wanted to have access to the fan, I would have to open the whole laptop, I don't know if the warranty would be broken ?

arrostos

Postby arrostos » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18

That is the problem, that the guarantee will be broke. So you have two choice, to send it to Customer support to clean it or you will open it and loosing the guarantee....

Lachim08
Product(s): FS Amilo Si 3650 + GB

Postby Lachim08 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40

Hello all. I think that the more users will notify the problem with overheating, the faster will Fujitsu-Siemens to solve this problem. Individuals do not have much chance. So I advise all of you having this problem, to contact the service and maybe something will happen for our advantage.

Gamefex
Product(s): FS Amilo sa 3650 + GB

Postby Gamefex » Fri Mar 19, 2010 20:15

I had also this overheating problem and when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 temps went up to 107 degrees celsius. That made the prosessor to throttle. Then I cleaned the old thermal paste and applied Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad to prosessor and chipset. I cleaned also dust from lamels and fan. The max temperature dropped over 20 degrees! Now the temperature has not risen over 80 degrees. I am very pleased to the current situation and can recommend trying Liquid MetalPad. However, this voids warranty, so be careful.

antonyrey

Postby antonyrey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17

Hi,

I opened mine yesterday and cleaned dust from the fan, now it works fine again, but it's a bit sad for people who are afraid of opening it and voiding the warranty...

Return to “AMILO Notebook”