[XI 3650] Fan stuck at full speed

Moderator: ModTeam

Zal
Product(s): XI 3650

[XI 3650] Fan stuck at full speed

Postby Zal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:47

Managed to solve the ticking case by flashing bios to 1.0G, only to find that now every time I start the bloody thing in a minute the fan speeds to full speed and stays there. It's really driving me up the walls, seems to happen after start and when room temperature is fairly low and load is low.

It's really annoying me, as it requires reboot and I can't really do those once I've got my work things open. Happens really often too. Tried different power managers, no change. Is there a way to rollback bios flash, I can live with fan ticking, but this - I don't know.

Really bothers me, I really like the bloody thing otherwise, but it's frustrating as hell.

pifpaf73
Product(s): amilo xi 3650

Re: [XI 3650] Fan stuck at full speed

Postby pifpaf73 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02

Hello,

The fan start at full speed and stoip when cpu is up 45°.... cant fujitsu solve this probleme in bios?

pofigRD
Product(s): Xi 3650

Postby pofigRD » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52

I have the same problem - don't know how to solve it.

derheld0815
Product(s): Amilo Xi3650

Postby derheld0815 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 15:19

hey, had exactly the same problem but a bios downgrade to 1.0E solved it for me!
I didn't use the winflash version though, but the boot cd image. Now the ticking sound is back (which was gone under 1.0G) but I prefer it over having to reboot every time I do a cold start...

JCNdk
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Xi 3650

Postby JCNdk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 22:10

Hello,

I am running bios version 1.0G and have the same problems with the fan going crazy once in a while ... however as a workaround I am using the Freestone´s Video stability test app. When the fan goes crazy I'll just start a benchmark measurement which will bring down the fan speed to normal. So it seems like the graphics chip needs to heat up a bit in order for the fan control to work properly. This will work every time when the load is not heavy, i.e. browsing the internet or running other applications which are not demanding graphics wise. After having run the app the fan control will work normally until the next shutdown/startup or standby.

Just search for "Freestone Video stability test".

OS installed is Windows 7 x64. Will most likely work on other operating systems as well. Most be a hardware/bios problem.

Hope others can benefit from this workaround.

Fully tested Windows 7 x64 drivers will probably not see the light. If so, I think Fujitsu would already have posted them.

Cheers
JC

Return to “AMILO Notebook”