[pi 1536] COMPUTER FREEZES ON STARTUP (PLEASE HELP)!!

Moderator: ModTeam

noose
Product(s): fujitsu siemens amilo pi 1536 notebook

[pi 1536] COMPUTER FREEZES ON STARTUP (PLEASE HELP)!!

Postby noose » Mon Dec 01, 2008 21:08

hey everyone,hope someone can help me with this issue.

My laptop crashed yesterday,it wouldnnt respond to anything,so i turned it off with the power switch on the lappy,it went to start up but gets stuck on the windows xp loading screen,ive left it and left for ages but it doenst budge. So i thought i would try starting up in safe mode,but that doesnt work either,same thing happens it gets stuck at the loading screen. Ive also put the xp recovery disk in at boot up it loads up fine,did try to do a repair but to no avail,comes up with a message that reads setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Got told on another forum that my hard-drive mite of had it now,but i feel they are clutching at straws......
laptop im using is a fujitsu siemens amilo pi 1536i
So today i took my lappy into my local repair shop,the guys took a look for me and said the hard-drive is fine,coz they put it into another laptop and it worked ok,then they tried to put a new hard-drive in mine to see what happens but my lappy wudnt take it,but it read it in the bios. They even tried formatting my hard-drive but it wudnt let them,just come up with a blue screen saying wat it did before bout not bein able to read a hard-drive on this system (that isnt the exact message) the guys at the shop said that they have had a similar problem before with a fujitsu siemens. they said to ring fujitsu tommorow and see if they can shed some light on the situation,coz it may be something only they can sort out if you get me? Don't really want to send it off to them coz it will cost quite a bit i imagine,and the annoying thing is that it's not that long since the warrenty ended The disks that came with the lappy are fujitsu siemens product recovery cd-rom (windows xp home edition sp2) and also i havnt got a floppy drive,but do have acces to another laptop if that helps. What do you suggest guys i do? is it worth trying the recovery route or not? One thing i did forget to mention is that about 2 months ago i attempted to re-format the hard-drive but it wudnt let me coz it came up with that silly message bout not bein able to find hard-drive on the system.. Have been told on a forum to start up using the CD and entering the Recovery Console to run a disk check.

type chkdsk /r (there is a space between the k and /r bit)

Leave it until finished, then type exit, press return.

That will run a full disk check and repair.

Can you now get into Safe Mode?

I've had a look at the spec of your laptop and the Repair option may need you to add the SATA drivers during bootup.

Just want to clarify a couple of things before we go further with that.

Hope this all makes sense to you,any help will be very apreiciated.. nick

propediotika
Product(s): Amilo M7440

Re: [pi 1536] COMPUTER FREEZES ON STARTUP (PLEASE HELP)!!

Postby propediotika » Wed Dec 03, 2008 17:33

I think that your windows xp died. Maybe you have instaled som drivers etc. You know, win xp dies sometimes :roll: Your harddisk is not recognized with windows xp instalation cd because early versions (maybe all of them) doesnt have drivers for sata harddisks included. So you need to add sata drivers to instalation cd using nLite acording to your chipset. If you have option in BIOS to turn off AHCI or switch SATA to IDE mode, than you dont need to put drivers on cd. Just turn that option off :)
FSC Amilo M7440

Return to “AMILO Notebook”