[Pi1505] Touchpad going Crazy

Moderator: ModTeam

mylifenp
Product(s): PI 1505

[Pi1505] Touchpad going Crazy

Postby mylifenp » Tue Apr 01, 2008 14:12

Hi everyone,
I have a wierd problem!!!!!!!!!!
my touchpad pointer goes crazy time to time. It doesnot move in the direction i desire....rather up and down and jumping from one position to another and all by itself.(gets hyperactive as if it is stoned)

I have Vista business and fedora 8 installed.

At first the problem was only in vista....fedora seemed not affected by it.( this means my touchpad is not damaged). I formatted the whole computer thinking it must be some kind of virus...but the problem still persisted...........so what i did was opened my laptop pulled out the motherboard battery even shortcircuited the poles.....and installed vista and fedora again........this didnt solve the problem rather made it worse....pointer in fedora has started going crazy too......i even flashed my Bios.....installed synaptics latest driver.....doesnt help......(I rule out any possibility of hardware or software conflict because even fresh install had the problem).

Some forum suggested putting the laptop in refrigeretor to cool it ( salads and laptop together....modern computing :) ).....i did that without any success.

I have cleaned the touchpad. ( more cleaning and i could use it as mirror for my bathroom)

Is it only me facing the problem???????

I have run out of option.......can anyone help.
Mouse seems fine.....but i hate using mouse.......(seems i will be left with no other option than drag that pooor creauture with me)

mylifenp

mylifenp

Re: [Amilo PI1505] Touchpad going Crazy

Postby mylifenp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:07

No one.....really...

arrostos

Re: [Pi1505] Touchpad going Crazy

Postby arrostos » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:59

i don't know about your problem, but look what happens my laptop (old one) once. There was a led for wireless, with windows only, when i was turn on the power every think was good, but, when i installed linux(slackware) on it, after that when i was turning on my laptop the led of wireless was turning on automatically. i think when you installing linux, something ganging on hardwares and i don't know exactly what.
try to install an other linux and may be fix it.

mylifenp

Postby mylifenp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 22:29

Hey
at last i managed to solve it.....after going thru all the pain and almost thrashing my touchpad to pieces....i managed to solve it.........i just uninstalled my touchdriver synaptics and also removed the touchpad from device manager and restarted my computer.........

It is working fine now......

mimigdal
Product(s): lifebook t series

Postby mimigdal » Thu Mar 21, 2013 13:56

Thanks! That worked for me as well...

Return to “AMILO Notebook”