[PI2512] Problems with the battery

Moderator: ModTeam

mon
Product(s): Amilo Note Book

[PI2512] Problems with the battery

Postby mon » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:07

That's a good start! I bought an Amilo Notebook yesterday. Everything is installed, battery shows fully charged (charged overnight) but everytime I go on line using just the battery, the whole system crashes :shock: Everything works fine as long as I use mains :o

There are no plastic films or anything like that on the battery, battery is installed as per instructions.

Suggestions more then welcome please :roll:

Otherwise straight back to the dealer tomorrow and swap it for a more reliable product :evil:

Dave O

Re: AMILO PI2512 Q114

Postby Dave O » Sun Mar 30, 2008 20:25

It’s possible it’s a dud battery; does it work ok if doing other things?

I have just got a new Dell, and they advised to charge and fully discharge twice. So I charged it and then left it playing a DVD till the battery was flat, charged again and did the same again.

Cant see that charging twice is going to fix it, worth a go. Probably a dud battery, give F/S a ring :?
I keep saying it, I'M NO EXPERT!

Amilo D1845
Dell Inspiron 1720
Asus Comando : E6600 : Nvidia 8800 GTS : HDD 1Tb

mon
Product(s): Amilo Note Book

Postby mon » Sun Mar 30, 2008 20:56

Thanks for your reply Dave :D I tried that, I just carried on until it ‘’crashed’’ which is less than five minutes. Then I recharged it and it did the same again…and again … and again :evil: And every time I get a message that windows shut down unexpectedly :evil:
Yes the laptop works perfectly on mains, no problems at all. It is now back in its original packaging ready to be returned to the shop tomorrow morning. I don’t even want a replacement, just a full refund. I have lost faith in the product now. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago with a Sony Vaio, now I will never recommend Sony either :| I beginning to take this personally :roll:

Dave O

Postby Dave O » Sun Mar 30, 2008 22:57

Have to say I loved my Amilo D1845, gave me no bother through 3 years. Still going strong with the family. But I have to say, I am totaly impressed with my new Dell inspiron a real beauty. You've had a bad run there, get a new battery and give it another try. No I don't work for F/S, honest! :oops:
I keep saying it, I'M NO EXPERT!

Amilo D1845
Dell Inspiron 1720
Asus Comando : E6600 : Nvidia 8800 GTS : HDD 1Tb

Return to “AMILO Notebook”