[amilo d] 8830 all drives not booting

Moderator: ModTeam

randyguro

[amilo d] 8830 all drives not booting

Postby randyguro » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:12

hello good day! i would be so thankful if somebody can help me with my amilo d 8830 laptop problem, couple of days ago the backlight went off but the unit functioning ok except with no backlight. i tried to fix the problem by downloading the bios windows flash from fujitsu siemens support site but unfortunately i've downloaded the wrong one which is for amilo d 8850 instead of 8830. when i restarted my laptop, it powers on but windows is not starting (drives are not booting up, not even the dvd/cd drive). please help me!!! :cry: :cry:

tenchiten
Product(s): Frankenputers

Postby tenchiten » Thu Feb 07, 2008 18:44

Well, unfortunately if you have flashed the bios with an incorrect version then your options are rather limited and you are going to have to part with some money.
There are companies who can (sometimes) repair/replace the bios chip http://www.motherboard-biosflash.co.uk/ being an example of one but you need to make enquiries to help you decide if it is worth doing or if you should buy a new laptop.
I suspect that the original problem with the backlight is due to a faulty FL inverter board and as such would not be helped by flashing the bios anyway.
Learning all the time.

randyguro

amilo d 8830

Postby randyguro » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:51

thank you very much for the information you've given me. it is of great help wether i repair my computer or not. have a nice day!!! :D :D

tenchiten
Product(s): Frankenputers

Postby tenchiten » Sun Feb 10, 2008 18:59

You are welcome :)
Learning all the time.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”