HOW CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS XP TO THIS AMILO M3438G

Moderator: ModTeam

harrison

HOW CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS XP TO THIS AMILO M3438G

Postby harrison » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36

HI.. GoOD dAy! ANYBODY CAN HELP ME PLS...

THE PROBLEM HERE I DONT HAVE THE RECOVERY CD CAUSE IT WAS PHYSICALLY DAMAGE ,, WHAT I DID IS I DOWNLOADED THE VIA COMBORAID SOFTWARE PACKAGE V4.40A SO WHEN Begin Windows XP setup process I Connect the USB FLASH drive to the system with the files inside of via raid v4.40a and i select to Boot from the Windows XP CD and start installation.

After Windows Setup has started with blue screen:

Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.

i select :VIA VT8237/6421/6410 SATA RAID CONTROLLER(WINDOWS XP/SRV2003) so after it continues setup windows and then later it ask agin it says INSERT THE DISK LABELED: VIA RAID DRIVER DISKETTE INTO DRIVE A:,, THEN PRESS ENTER... after no more it will not response anymore i cant continue the intallation process...further support from you guys....... thanks..

[/b]

Trudl

Postby Trudl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:03

Hello,

are You shure, the 3438 has a VIA-Chipset inside?

I think, it is an Intel 915 (PM/GM) chipset, with an Intel Pentium M

processor. So you need this driver:

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/downl ... ent=Mobile Intel 915PM Express Chipset

Regards

BRUTUS1

Postby BRUTUS1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 18:29

Hi m8, have you managed to re-install win xp without the recorvery cd? if yes, how?
I am in big trouble here for 15 days now, I managed to re-install win98se but to upgradeto win xp the lappy (Amilo M 3438G) crashes everytime somewhere along the way (I use the original xp disk that came with the laptop, it won't do an upgrade because it's not available but then when I start the installation it goes ok to the point where the lappy need to restart and when it does, it crashes...)
Please HELPPPPPPPP

Return to “AMILO Notebook”