[Amilo M] Graphics hardware fault with M3438G

Moderator: ModTeam

chechucasta

[Amilo M] Graphics hardware fault with M3438G

Postby chechucasta » Wed Nov 28, 2007 20:36

After sending my AMILO M3438G to technical service in Spain on 17th september 2007, due to problems on the GPU processor (aleatory dots on the screen), and again on the 8th of october for the same reason, after many telephon calls, Fujitsu-Siemens don't have an estimatión to solve the problem, because it’s impossible to get spare parts.

I have written to the Fujitsu-Siemens customer relations department, who have not answered.

I also have seen hundreds of of claims about this problem, but no positive answer are received from FUJITSU.

I'm wondering, what to do?, I can honestly say, don't repeat FUJITSU.

StudioMusician

Postby StudioMusician » Fri Nov 30, 2007 15:19

Really sorry to hear you're having the same problem I had. Currently I personally know of 35 people that have experienced the same hardware fault from Fujitsu with this laptop, both in warranty (if you're the supposed 'lucky' :roll: ones) and, much worse, out of warranty.

I was quoted £100 (collect/evaluate/return) + £300 (parts/labour) = £400 by Fujitsu to fix the problem which, frankly, is abysmal considering it is clearly a design and manufacturing fault on their part. Furthermore, I had no assurance that it wouldn't happen again.

In the end, because my problem occured literally just outside of the warranty, I had to take legal steps to claw back some of my money (from the retailer, http://www.LaptopsDirect.co.uk ) under the European 'Sale Of Goods Law 1979', having to take it as far as initiating court action, but they decided to settle out of court at the last minute. Unfortunately I only managed to reclaim 50% of the total cost of the laptop, so I lost £580. Which, to me, is unnacceptable for one years careful use.

Here's my story, with pictures of the problem, and a conclusion: http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/foru ... hp?t=21501

At the time of initial purchase I had hoped that the laptop would last me at least four or five years of careful use and serve as a small business front-end (I am disabled and can't otherwise work), so I was torn apart.

After myself and 34 others with the M3438G graphics problem, along with hundreds of other people suffering from the M3438G latency/lag problems, along with owning a Fujitsu hard-drive that expired well before time, I will never be buying a Fujitsu product again, and will not recommend Fujitsu to others.

chechucasta

Re: Graphics hardware fault with M3438G

Postby chechucasta » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26

[quote="chechucasta"]After sending my AMILO M3438G to technical service in Spain on 17th september 2007, due to problems on the GPU processor (aleatory dots on the screen), and again on the 8th of october for the same reason, after many telephon calls, Fujitsu-Siemens don't have an estimatión to solve the problem, because it’s impossible to get spare parts.

I have written to the Fujitsu-Siemens customer relations department, who have not answered.

I also have seen hundreds of of claims about this problem, but no positive answer are received from FUJITSU.

I'm wondering, what to do?, I can honestly say, don't repeat FUJITSU.

[/quote] :cry: I received the computer yesterday 4th dec 07, behind one running hours returns to be damaged. It's a disaster.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”