AMILO Xi LATEST BIOS 1.23 NOT SUPPORTING 4GB RAM!!!!!

Moderator: ModTeam

alien123

AMILO Xi LATEST BIOS 1.23 NOT SUPPORTING 4GB RAM!!!!!

Postby alien123 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 18:13

I DONT KOW WHY EVERY MONTH THE SAME "NEW" BIOS VERSION

THIS LATETST VERSION ALSO SUPPORT MAX 2GB !!!!!!!!

JUST FLASHED AND THE SAME SITUATION WITH KINGSTON MODULES!

WHEN WILL SEE BIOS VERSION WITH 4GB!!!!!

AND WHY NOT

1.22 1.20 AND NOW 1.23

FOR ME JUST PURE NUMBERS ON DISPLAY

SUCH A SHAME!!!!!!!

Raphael J

Postby Raphael J » Fri Jul 13, 2007 16:17

AMILOs do not support more than 2 GB of RAM ->

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/Resource ... 576446.pdf

But... if you are running VISTA you may use a USB Stick to use as additional RAM... if you find a compatible USB stick that is...

Here's an interesting article about the Readyboost feature in VISTA:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/To-boost ... 5762.shtml

All the best
If it works, don't fix it!

alien123

Postby alien123 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 18:36

its not true that supports 2Gb only!!!!!!!!

2 slots i tried 2 gb modules in one and it recognized and almost 2 weeks i worke with the laptop without problems with 1 slot 2gb moodule!!!!!!!!!!!!

have vista but the operating system have adressing issues is not directly with bios =read some architectures

obvious fujitsu dosn want to unlock this 4gb feature on all xi series from unknown reasons:::::unstability.heating.crushing problmes

read this from easy guide 440-n30652-en.pdf

AMILO Xi Series Notebook easy guide!!!!!!!!

Memory expansion
Your notebook has 256 -4 Gbyte of main memory installed, depending on the upgrade level. The
notebook will not start without memory modules, as no fixed main memory is installed.
Installing and removing the memory extension
If you are asked by the Hotline/Help Desk to remove and install the memory extension yourself,
proceed as follows:
!
Please note the information provided in the "Safety notes" section in the "Important notes"
chapter.
The notebook must be switched off when installing/removing the memory modules, it
must not be in Suspend mode.
Use only memory extensions of the manufacturer which have been approved for your
notebook: 512 Mbyte modules and 1 Gbyte modules of the type DDR2-533 SO DIMM
(PC2-4200), 1 Gbyte or 2 Gbyte modules of the type 2-667 SO DIMM (PC2-5300).
Never use force when installing or removing memory modules.
Make sure that foreign objects do not fall into the memory extension compartment.

alien123

Postby alien123 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 18:36

its not true that supports 2Gb only!!!!!!!!

2 slots i tried 2 gb modules in one and it recognized and almost 2 weeks i worke with the laptop without problems with 1 slot 2gb moodule!!!!!!!!!!!!

have vista but the operating system have adressing issues is not directly with bios =read some architectures

obvious fujitsu dosn want to unlock this 4gb feature on all xi series from unknown reasons:::::unstability.heating.crushing problmes

read this from easy guide 440-n30652-en.pdf

AMILO Xi Series Notebook easy guide!!!!!!!!

Memory expansion
Your notebook has 256 -4 Gbyte of main memory installed, depending on the upgrade level. The
notebook will not start without memory modules, as no fixed main memory is installed.
Installing and removing the memory extension
If you are asked by the Hotline/Help Desk to remove and install the memory extension yourself,
proceed as follows:
!
Please note the information provided in the "Safety notes" section in the "Important notes"
chapter.
The notebook must be switched off when installing/removing the memory modules, it
must not be in Suspend mode.
Use only memory extensions of the manufacturer which have been approved for your
notebook: 512 Mbyte modules and 1 Gbyte modules of the type DDR2-533 SO DIMM
(PC2-4200), 1 Gbyte or 2 Gbyte modules of the type 2-667 SO DIMM (PC2-5300).
Never use force when installing or removing memory modules.
Make sure that foreign objects do not fall into the memory extension compartment.

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:10

hi alien123

which Xi Modell do you have? It should not depend on the bios, because the chipset has to support the 4GB. As i know the first Xi has the i945 chipset and he should support that. Have you ask the guys from the fsc helpdesk to check this?

rgd
theconfidant

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:24

b.t.w.

have you checked the latest datasheets? they have changed all of them to 2GB of max RAM. Also the latest Xi Models with i965 supports only a max of 2GB of RAM. Regarding the foot notes they are allowed to change some technical details.

I think it is a heating problem with the 2GB Modules so fsc exclude them for the AMILO to prevent problems. I heard about this from the fsc lifebooks.

Raphael J

2 GB RAM module

Postby Raphael J » Mon Jul 16, 2007 13:48

If the data sheet talks of a 2 GB RAM module it means ONE 2 GB module in ONE slot. :roll:

So the OTHER slot will be empty.
If it works, don't fix it!

alien123

Postby alien123 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:56

'''''''''''have you checked the latest
datasheets"""""""""javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked

first let clear some things :
javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
Evil or Very Mad
at the time amilo xi series came on the market 2gb memory sodimm modules were not available on the market yet!!!!!!!!
that why in the datashets from 2005 they wrote 2GB max simple mathematics !!!!!!2 slots x 1 gb max memory /module at that time you have 2 gb
(all xi have 2 slots!!!!!!!!!!!_

those moduls 2gb are from 2006 octomber!!!!!!!

next time at least read what you reply or give a new BIOS if you know so much!!!!!

also the chipset i945pm mobile offcorese it supports!!!!!!!

the heating issues is another thing.......there were not at least info from FSC to their customers which is unproffesional in every sense!!!!!!

""""""""""""So the OTHER slot will be empty.""""""""""""""""""""

yes offcourse for holding DUST and pure numbers!!!!!!!! javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

so they never changed the datasheets !!!!!!as i know from the janu 2006 are the same

i still wait for bios version with this support sience 2 gb is nothing for me
at least as for this "power machines"

and at least shutdown this stupid forum were just complaints and nowone is reading our coments and problmes!!!!!!!

GREAT SUPORT!!!!!javascript:emoticon(':idea:')
Idea

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:10

Hi alien123

you know this forum is an U2U Forum and not an supported forum by fsc!
If we have technical problems we have to contact the technical support via email or phone.
In this forum you won´t get help from FSC official. :(

Call them an open an inquiry, so they have to answer you. If you got a reply please give feedback to us, because U2U :wink:

so long
theconfidant

Return to “AMILO Notebook”