[Amilo M] Copyright symbol on keyboard?

Moderator: ModTeam

pixie

[Amilo M] Copyright symbol on keyboard?

Postby pixie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 22:53

Hi,

I have Amilo M1424.
I can't find a way to type the copyright symbol (you know, the one that looks like a "c" inside a circle). And there IS a copyright symbol in my keyboard - in the bottom left corner of the C key, I'm just not able to access it.
In the manual, it says symbols in the bottom left corner of a key can be accesed by pressing Alt Gr + (Key). (In this case it's Alt Gr + C.) But it doesn't work... The same with all other keys that have any symbols on the bottom left.

I hope somebody can help. :)

StudioMusician

Postby StudioMusician » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40

I haven't seen a copyright symbol on a keyboard before, however you might need to either press the Function key (if there is one), or enable Numeric Lock (if the key is placed on the virtual keypad).

I normally do it by pressing Numeric Lock, then holding down the left Alt key while typing 0169 on the virtual keypad (don't use the numbers along the top of the keyboard, use the virtual keypad on the alphabetical keys instead), then releasing the Alt key. A © should then be displayed. Press numeric lock again to turn the virtual keypad off so you can use the keyboard for normal alphabetical use again.

Other useful Alt codes are
Alt+0169 = ©
Alt+0153 = ™
Alt+0174 = ®
Alt+0128 = €
Alt+167 = º (degrees)
Alt+0185 = ¹
Alt+0178 = ²
Alt+0179 = ³
Alt+0149 = •
Alt+171 = ½
Alt+172 = ¼
Alt+243 = ¾
and so on...

The right-hand AltGr key can also be used to quickly add acute symbols to vowels. You don't need the virtual keypad or numeric lock for any of these.

AltGr+a = á
AltGr+e = é
AltGr+i = í
AltGr+o = ó
AltGr+u = ú
AltGr+4 = €

A very good site I use for alt code reference can be found here: http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc-a.html

pixie

Postby pixie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:44

Thank you for your answer. :)

I found out the alt+0169 combination worked for me. However I would like to be able to do it the "Alt Gr way" as the alt codes are hard to memorize (I'm not able to get any of the symbols you typed with Alt Gr - é, ú etc. I'd love to be able to type them quickly whenever I need). I guess my problem is the Alt Gr key not working... any solution to that?

EDIT: In my first post there should be bottom right corner everywhere instead of bottom left, in case that makes a difference.

propediotika
Product(s): Amilo M7440

Re:

Postby propediotika » Tue Jul 03, 2007 20:46

I am able to write symbols on right corner with Alt Gr only when my keyboard layout is set to my national layout (Slovak). When it is set to US keyboard layout, then its not working.
FSC Amilo M7440

Return to “AMILO Notebook”