[Amilo A] Amilo Notbook 6600

Moderator: ModTeam

Narsus

[Amilo A] Amilo Notbook 6600

Postby Narsus » Fri Jan 05, 2007 17:37

Hello!

I have Amilo notbook 6600, using XP Pro, with SP2, it has been working well since I bought, but sudenly from last month/12/2006 it start to swichoff it self, sometimes when I have just swiched on for only 20 minutes,

Can it be a battery matter? or something else?

What can I do to solve this problem, Any help is very much appreciated.

kwaq

Postby kwaq » Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:42

You mean running it on battery only? How old your notebook is? If it's older than 6 months, and you've been using it on mains with battery inserted, then probably your battery is dead, and warranty is for 6 m. only. You probably need to replace it for new one, before you may want to read this:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthr ... ost1696311

and google for "repairing battery" or "reviving battery". You'll find there some informations about repairing it by yourself. If you don't want to "mess with stuff" you'll also find information about companies specializing in such repairs.

REMEMBER! Original equipement guarantee you compatibility, safety for your device (using OEM product you don't void warranty) and intensive wallet drain. On the other hand, home methods and non OEM products, although cheaper, may leed to damage to your device or may not work properly.
FSC Lifebook E6595 PIII M 850MHz, 256 MB, ATI M4 16MB, HDD 20GB, _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A; and an original FSC mini RF mouse ;P

Narsus

Re: Amilo Notbook 6600

Postby Narsus » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:00

Narsus wrote:Hello!

I have Amilo notbook 6600, using XP Pro, with SP2, it has been working well since I bought, but sudenly from last month/12/2006 it start to swichoff it self, sometimes when I have just swiched on for only 20 minutes,

Can it be a battery matter? or something else?

What can I do to solve this problem, Any help is very much appreciated.

Hello!

Many thanks for the repply & advice which you have provided me about my old Amilo notbook 6600.

The notbook is older than 6 months, about 2 years old; and I have been using it on mains with battery inserted, something I didn't know the effect which will bring to my PC. I was mainly worried that maybe the nootbook harddisk was demaged. I think I will go for a new Battery very soon.

Again many thanks.
Narsus

Return to “AMILO Notebook”