Wife Spilled beer all over my m3438g

Moderator: ModTeam

Doomster

Wife Spilled beer all over my m3438g

Postby Doomster » Sat Feb 04, 2006 21:40

My wife has just spilled beer all over my amilo 3438g laptop. It was on when she did this and it cut out. When I lifted up the laptop Beer was poring out of it. Now I'm pretty sure it's shorted out now and wont work at all. Thing is it's still soaking inside and out so I ain't going to attempt putting it on. I'm pretty sure the standard 1 year warranty wont cover this so what I'd like to know is would it be worth getting someone to look at it or would it cost me a fortune. I'm really p'd of with this to say the least[/u]

trebor

Postby trebor » Sat Feb 04, 2006 23:58

IMHO you need to take the Notebook apart (as much as you can) before the beer dries and rinse all parts with water (preferably distilled) including the keyboard. Then leave it somewhere warm and dry, such as an airing cupboard, until it is thoroughly dry and you may just get away with it.

I did this with a laptop that had coffee spilt on it a few years ago, it still works. However, you do this at your own risk, etc, etc, etc.

amater
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460

Postby amater » Thu Feb 09, 2006 15:49

Stay away with watter. If you 're gonna use anything use special cleaning alchohol. It dryes up without traces.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”