SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

Surt

Postby Surt » Wed Oct 25, 2006 20:48

Reply to aapke

i was with the same problem 2 weeks. I was heasitated about to open the computer because was new.
It was a problem with the heat sink, it was bad screwed.

I solve it taking away the undercover of the notebook and putting the screws well.

(forget my english too :) )

sergey279

Postby sergey279 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 13:18

Congratulate me, have returned money for notebook. :shock:
Only 3 months of repair and 1 month of dialogue with the seller.
Has now buy not f-s =).

By the way after replacement motherboard - not lags issle, and with old drivers.

Sorry my english, (rus).

LuckyST

Postby LuckyST » Wed Nov 01, 2006 18:35

did FJS resolve the problem in their newer laptop versions"?

Peter B.

Postby Peter B. » Fri Nov 03, 2006 14:27

I have tried a lot of software to reproduce a problem as described in this topic but have not been able to do so (with my 1437g).

What can I be doing wrong???
Враг моего врага мой друг!

aapke

Re:

Postby aapke » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:06

Surt wrote:Reply to aapke

i was with the same problem 2 weeks. I was heasitated about to open the computer because was new.
It was a problem with the heat sink, it was bad screwed.

I solve it taking away the undercover of the notebook and putting the screws well.

(forget my english too :) )

Thanks for the quote mate, I wish fujitsu himself was watching this.Because I send my laptop to there desktop to fix it. I was convinced it would be good because last time it took them only 4 workdays before i got it back but this time tommorow will be week 3 :? so I guess ill give them a call today... cause I don't think putting the screws well would take THAT long :lol:

thapostol

Postby thapostol » Thu Nov 16, 2006 20:39

Borkar is there any news about your fight... :?:

Regards.
FSC AMILO M3438G (=>bummer<=)

Playerdude

Postby Playerdude » Fri Nov 17, 2006 14:24

Is the Amilo 1526 with 7600 go slower than 3438???

thapostol

Postby thapostol » Fri Nov 17, 2006 16:00

@Playerdude.
Why is that? Slower in what processes?

Regards, Thapostol.
FSC AMILO M3438G (=>bummer<=)

Playerdude

Postby Playerdude » Sun Nov 19, 2006 21:13

In gaming.. I meant mostly the graphics card..

Which one gets better scores in 3dmarks for example?

zipper

Re:

Postby zipper » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:16

Playerdude wrote:In gaming.. I meant mostly the graphics card..

Which one gets better scores in 3dmarks for example?

They (the GPUs) are quite even, generally go6800 wins on older software, 7600 on newer. But the difference is minuscule.

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/benchmarks.html

Playerdude

Postby Playerdude » Mon Nov 27, 2006 13:40

Do the high peaks in accessbench still occur in the raid 5.30?

What is the best way to show this lag issue to someone?

Now im using the 5.30 drivers that fixed the brr sound..

WynterWind

Re: Show off the lagging issue

Postby WynterWind » Wed Nov 29, 2006 19:56

Thanks Borkar and every one else for your comittment to this "lagging issue"!

Playerdude wrote:What is the best way to show this lag issue to someone?

Please, I would also like to know the best (easiest?) way to show the lag?

It's obvious to me but not to my reseller with their apparently bad customer service... :evil: With some proof I can convince them that the product IS faulty and I'm in my right to get my money back under "customer law". They're currently trying "the repair game" even though I tried to tell them it's pointless.

Anyone else in Sweden who returned their nb and got their money back? Any tips?

StudioMusician

Postby StudioMusician » Thu Nov 30, 2006 17:41

What are the best graphics drivers to use with the M3438G now?

Does the SATA RAID drivers (containing the fix) have to be installed whether or not you have the HD(s) in a RAID configuration?

Thanks

WynterWind

Re:

Postby WynterWind » Thu Nov 30, 2006 19:18

StudioMusician wrote:Does the SATA RAID drivers (containing the fix) have to be installed whether or not you have the HD(s) in a RAID configuration?

Fix? From what I've collected this far 5.30C-drivers from VIA only fixed the "brrrr"-sound and not the lag. 4.40a from FSC doesn't solve the lagging issue either (for all) even though FSC claim it does... :(

But you have to load viamraid-driver anyhow since the same driver handles the controller whether you have the HD(s) in RAIDed or in single drive configuration.

StudioMusician

Postby StudioMusician » Mon Dec 04, 2006 15:48

Well, I never used to play games on my M3438G but now I do and notice the lag on every game I play (Trackmania Nations, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Hard Truck).

* In Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, it jerks and lags until you have been around the whole map and locations and "seen" all the characters, after which it must cache it in memory as it's relatively smooth after that (until something unforseen jumps out at you, like a new character or special effect), but it's a bugger while it's caching = I'm dead meat. I can't turn around fast enough while the computer lags as someone's shooting me (as it's caching their character or special effect as they're shooting me), so I'm dead before the glitching ends. Makes you mad.
* Hard-truck temporarily locks up for <2secs whenever it accesses and streams anything from the hard-disk, such as an audio snippet from the truck's "CB radio" or the like, so if you're carrying out a manouvre while it suddenly lags you will crash and require your truck to be fixed (needing lots of money), and you'll lose time on your truck run and your ratings. These take hours of gaming to make up for.
* In Trackmania Nations it brrrs and you lose completely control of the car. A bugger if you're absolutely sailing through the course in record time and you're completely wiped out due to it.

My HDs are indeed the Samsung, but they are in Raid #0 (striped) config, so I (hoped) that might even have been better (faster) than using them individually, but no the lag is there, proud as ever.

I don't fancy buying a 7200rpm HD as my computer already automatically switches off after several hours of intense gaming obviously due to overheating (I even have the laptop propped up an inch or two on all four corners, raising it off of the table to allow airflow underneath). The GPU is not overclocked either - default settings, and I elected to keep the fan on at all times. The fan and internals are as clean as a whistle.

System bios is 1.10c, graphics are v81.94 (as v91.33 blue-screen-of-death's on me - do I need a new BIOS version?), 5.41.02.39.60 is my GPU bios. Lappie is 2GHz (PM 760), and the RAM is 2x512mb DDR2 @ 533MHz.

The laptop's over the 12month warranty, so I guess it's my problem now. =/
I suffer from long term health problems and am house-bound, so it would've been nice to play games every now and then without problems. Will be several years until I will be able to get another computer.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”