SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

mcag

Postby mcag » Thu Feb 02, 2006 21:26

I have a M1437G and i have the lag problem. MB P50EA0.

Has someone tried to update the sata raid drivers with the ones from the Viaarena drivers for the Via VT6421 Raid Controller?
I´m going to try it. Perhaps it may solve the problem.

mcag

Postby mcag » Thu Feb 02, 2006 21:47

No... it did not solve the problem. Just updated and tried NFS most wanted and the lag still happens sometimes.

I believe FSC will release a solution for this. Still happy with the notebook.
Tried in suse linux playing doom3 and i didn´t notice the lag problem.

liviuv

Postby liviuv » Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:02

First of all I want to thank Borkar for the effort he’s putting in solving this issue.

I was considering the purchase of an Amilo M3438G (and I also pointed this model to a friend of mine) until I began reading the forums all over (France – forum.hardware.fr, Germany – http://www.amilo-forum.de, http://www.notebookforums.com and now support.fujitsu-siemens.de). Although FSC has known about this problem for at least two months there hasn’t been any official statement. We were given details about the status of this problem only by Borkar and other forum users. Now, this is posted on the official Fujitsu-Siemens support forum. There is no reason for them not to post a reply, just to tell us what the status is. By denying the existence of this problem and beginning to delete posts they have gone to far.

I will keep a close eye on the way that this issue is being handled. I have already started to loose my trust in this company. If this problem isn’t solved (one way or the other) not only that I will never buy anything from FSC, but I will advice anyone not to buy also. Word spreads quickly and if they continue treating their customers this way they will only have to loose. I will buy a real laptop, one which doesn’t freeze every 10 minutes. If I pay 1800+ euros on a laptop I expect it to perform properly.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:03

non of all available drivers solve the problem! Otherwise I would not have been working on that problem for more than 2 months!
Mx43x Lagging issue Image
-> Infos und Status
-> FAQs und News
-> Discussions

Cpu

Postby Cpu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:33

Does anyone knows if this model has been changed from the moment they were told of this problem ? My question is : Is it possible that there are m3438g with new versions of boards being sold ? If so does anyone have the serial-numbers or other info that one can check when buying an M3438G ?

By the way, since yesterday the 760, 1GB Ram , 100GB HD model that was being sold here in portugal for 1599 euros had is price dropped to 1399 :shock:

A sign that FSC is trying to get rid of these laptops ? :twisted:
Last edited by Cpu on Fri Feb 03, 2006 14:16, edited 2 times in total.

jdeacon

Postby jdeacon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 0:01

FSC have to solve the problem, for the good of the users of this laptop, and for the good of his company. I don't believe that in two months they can't solve this bug.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 0:12

FSC alleges that new models of the M3438G are without failures. But they have not been able to detect the lags on a old model with very very obvious lags!! I also know that there exists models (M3438G) with very high serial numbers that lag!
So I act on the assumption that all notebooks have this malfunction and that the bug has not been fixed yet! Furthermore FSC does not know what the bug is (and how a solution looks like), so how could they fix it?!

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

margarineoferror

Postby margarineoferror » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:13

This talk about different models is confusing.

FSC should just come clean and explain what’s the deal with these laptops that have the lag problem, how a prospective buyer can tell before purchasing if it will have the problem, and what it will do for people who already own them.

I’m also from Portugal, and the price of M3438G is very attractive here, but I’m putting the purchase on hold until this is settled for good. If FSC fails their current and prospective costumers, I’ll just buy from another brand. I am not purchasing a product on the chance that it could have problems from the get-go.

rbreen

Postby rbreen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:04

Just to reiterate as I made a previous posting. My company is undergoing a home computer purchase scheme and using Fujitsu as the core supplier. In light of the recent issues with the AMILO M 3438G I have decided to remove this computer from the list that will be offered to employees.

On further reading this thread the problem appears to be more widespread then simply this model and is now effecting AMILO M 1437G, is this right?

If that is the case I am seriously considering dropping Fujitsu from the whole deal and will look for another supplier(dell/evesham). This means a potential loss of many 1000's, as we estimate that there could be upwards of 100-150 users taking advantage of this deal, that is a lot of money lost if they cant even acknowledge that there is an issue, nevermind propose / implement a fix.

What a sorry state of affairs

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:24

there are definitely lags in many (probably all) Mx438G and Mx439G. It is possible that M1437G is less affected because of the ATI graphics card (other than nVidia) but it has the same mainboard and therefore the same RAID Controller. The problem seems to be an issue of how the RAID Controller communicates with the hard drives.
I cannot recommend to buy M1437, M1439, Mx438 as long as the problem is not fixed.

Borkar

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

rbreen

Postby rbreen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:27

Damn, thats the last thing i wanted to hear, but I am going to play safe and propose to my manager that we seriously look for an alternate supplier, as this episode shows several flaws in qa, customer service etc etc.

While they desktops are probably fine it does put a major black mark on the whole deal.

roole

mainboard model

Postby roole » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:32

I founded that m3438 and m1437 have different mainboards. m3438 has P71EN0, and m1437 - P50EA0. Check these links:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1073173
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4077674

I assume that futuremark don't lie :)

So is these different motherboards have same problem? I'd like to emphasize that these different motherboards come with different GPU (m3438 with gforce and m1437 with ati)

Playerdude

Postby Playerdude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:49

I feel a bit ignored now and would really like to hear something from FSC, something else than "There is no problem" or "We are investigating".
I'd just like to know the situation the FSC is currently having with this and if it really is investigation then how far are they for example?

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:50

if you open the M1437 and have a look at the mainboard, it does not even look like exactly the same, it is also labeled with P71EN0. Maybe it is just called P50EA0 because it got an ATI.
Whether the M1437 is affected by the lagging issue is not 100% sure. But I advise everybody who wants to buy the M1437 to have a careful look at the behaviour of the notebook. Test it with FIFA06 and/or Warcraft3 for lags.

Regards
Borkar

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

rbreen

Postby rbreen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:51

Ah okay, thats a bit of good news then as it isnt confirmed 100%, can anyone confirm that the m1437 isnt effected the same as the 34 series?

Return to “AMILO Notebook”