SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

goldeneye215

Postby goldeneye215 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 18:33

in greece we are going to hire an experienced pc engineer to justify the claims of the angry customers on court. its going to be a long lasting procedure but i hope to make them think better of their customer. i think you should the same.

pcardoso

lag

Postby pcardoso » Fri Feb 03, 2006 18:46

:( :( :( :(

i wondering why some laptops have lags and some dont....with some games and sw.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

cumps,
PC

jgrove

Postby jgrove » Fri Feb 03, 2006 18:49

This is a guess but this lag issue seems to be effecting those with RAID set up on there laptop?

I was going to buy the add on part but this post has put me off, i`ll stick to one hard drive!

Cheers

somy

Re:

Postby somy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 19:10

jgrove wrote:This is a guess but this lag issue seems to be effecting those with RAID set up on there laptop?

I was going to buy the add on part but this post has put me off, i`ll stick to one hard drive!

Cheers

I'm not quite sure about this.
My M3438G with one harddisk lags terribly, after adding a new samsung HD with RAID setting 0, the machine is better. I don't know if it is because the new HD and RAID setting or because I update the vedio BIOS.

pcardoso

RAID

Postby pcardoso » Fri Feb 03, 2006 19:17

It could be a RAID problem???

traxevc

Re:

Postby traxevc » Fri Feb 03, 2006 20:25

goldeneye215 wrote:in greece we are going to hire an experienced pc engineer to justify the claims of the angry customers on court. its going to be a long lasting procedure but i hope to make them think better of their customer. i think you should the same.

I am from Greece too. I own the 3438G and I also have the bug. Who is going to the court? I need to know because I want to support you. Please give me details or lets open a thread in a Greek forum like http://www.insomnia.gr

Cpu

Postby Cpu » Fri Feb 03, 2006 20:52

why don´t the users of those models create a online petition with the following fields : Name, Country, Model, Serial Number, Processor, Ram, Number of hard drives... :idea:

Then all of the users would sign that petition and send the link to several online hardware sites, pc magazines, and so on. In the title should be explained very well the problem, the programs, games, S.O.´s where is lags, the software to test.... everything

if FCS sees a petittion with hundreds or thousands of signatures, and gets numerous contacts from pc magazines, sites that evaluate hardware, they will be forced to resolve this issue !!! :twisted:

greekstalion

SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x LAGGING PROBLEMS

Postby greekstalion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 20:52

I have read the forum about the laggin problem and I thought, "what they talking about?. I had my laptop for 2-3 months and no problems.

One person said he was playing mp3s and found no problem.
There are no details of how you can actualy re-create the problem. I dont have the games that are mentioned so I can not test them. I play Americas Army but never had a problem.

So I desided to play some mp3s and guess what? :twisted: the problem come up and is easy to find or recreate. It does it every time and you can monitor when is actualy happen. The breaks in the songs and be also heard. Mostly is happen on the graphics.

The trick is to put Visualitions and look what happen at the counter on the bottom right of the screen. It actualy stops the graphics and counter, but the mp3 sound is not always effected. This is a good point for the FS to check.

YES BORKAR IS RIGHT, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE LAPTOPS

Timewarp

Postby Timewarp » Sat Feb 04, 2006 0:18

Hi guys, I have been following this issue for a long time. I am disgusted
with the way Fujitsu has treated Borkar and all others who offered their
information in order to resolve this problem. I am from Italy, 4438 was not
even avilable here so I order it from England. It seemed like dream notebook Pentium M 2.13, 1GB ram, 2X80 GB Fujitsu drives. I have also watched very closely all forums which were talking about this model before ordering it. I got it, was extremly happy, installed F.E.A.R and got perfect sense of playing on line with ping 900. I will translate it for non-gamers: lag,lag lag. Every two seconds I will see hard disc activity and screen will freeze. Of course, same evening I have found Borkar's first post about this problem on Notebook forums. Now, I think that any other post about "Is my system affected?" isuseless. I am network administrator, I am 41 and I have been gamer for ast 15 years. I have tried every solution possible with BIOS upgrades, drivers, original "out-of-box" config, etc.etc. It could be said that I have tried everything that could be done on in vain hope that this can be resolved with right combination of BIOS, OS and drivers. This notebook is a dud. Now, as I am responsible for hardware in my company, I have decided about eight months or so to switch from Toshiba to FS laptops.
We have had some very nasty surprises with 6100 series from Toshiba,
so I decide to go with FS, as they seemed reliable company. I could have
bought Alienware laptop for me, but as compliance is serious issue in big company, I did not want my users see me with something different as brand from their laptops. X438 series was only thing that I presumed could give me what I wanted, for me ultimate gaming experience, for my users,
to see me with same brand as they were obliged to use. Now, if I do not see any fix for this issue by 15 of February, I will file a report to my Chief Information Officer in US about seriuos problems that we have with FS laptops and my decision to use another brand for our European company branch. Also, if FS people that are watching this thread maybe think that I might be some fourteen-year old kiddo who is trying to put some pressure
in hope to obtain some response throwing vain threats, I will be more than happy to provide them with my full adress and also my company name, which counts more than eight hundred users across Europe. If their choice
is to ignore this problem and behave as nothing will happen, I will also choose to ignore them as company and switch to another, more serious
brand. I grieve for all of you who have bought this laptops with your hard earned cash, as mine was bought with company's money, as mean of work. Nevertheless, I feel cheated same as you, and I will put my weight not only as a single person who can decide not to buy FS products any more, but also can decide for some hundreds potential users, to not have FS products. FS must understand that their actions, or better non-actions bring consequences.

My respect to all of you.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 0:39

like Timewarp said, there is nothing we (normal User) can do.
The lags happen on all RAID Settings, on 1 or 2 HD machines, on 512MB or 2GB RAM, on 1.6Ghz or 2.13Ghz, on Samsung (maybe worse) HDs or Seagate (maybe less) HDs, and so on!!

There are only two possibilities:
- solution with BIOS-Update (that makes the RAID Controller more 'smooth' and the HDs faster (no energy saving shut downs))
- hardware failure (which would be worst, because FSC would have to change all mainboards of affected machines)

As I said, there are some 'workarounds' that make the lags shorter and maybe less frequent, but there is no solution!!
Mx43x Lagging issue Image
-> Infos und Status
-> FAQs und News
-> Discussions

professional

M3438 and FSC-Reaction

Postby professional » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:24

I am the owner of an edv-company with some experience in personal-computers, because we build them themselves since 10 years.
Configuration and installation of computers is our profession.

We made the fault to buy 2 M3438G for our own....
and lost a lot of time to get them working as they should do.

I think, the best way to act with FSC is to set a timeline for them to solve the lagging issue. This timeline beeing transgressed, all users with affected NBs should cooperate in commissioning a lawyer to take legal action against FSC.

Sending the NBs two times back to get them always in the same poure state for me seems not to be a solution at all.

With not so kind regards to FSC

W. Marks

Cpu

Postby Cpu » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:54

does anyone tried to turn off the virtual memory of windows ?? :idea:

Maybe it will prevent more lag... or at least reduce it very much. It will prevent the computer to try to write that file and at the same time to read from the disk. Probably its just a traffic jam :D

It the HD is treated this way, like a "half duplex" component :lol: maybe the problem will be "almost" solved.

PS: FSC MUST SOLVE THIS ISSUE. The future of their notebook division will be dependent from the way they handle this. If they dont solve this in a very .. very short time, i bet all the users that were cheated out of their money by buying that piece of junk, will take action, will create websites to tell others of FSC´s behavior, will contact European Enion consumer office´s in their country or headoffices in Bruxels or where the hell they are ... and so on.

TO FSC : Don´t mess with european union consumer´s ... we have a lot of power in our hands :)
If the "push comes to shove" you´ll be sued by fraud for selling something that you know is faulty. You know of this problem for at least 2 months and still you continued to sell those pieces of junk !! :shock: WATCH OUT :evil:

camane

Postby camane » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:51

A question to borkar.

I have owned a Fujitsu n6210 bought in the US and so far have not noticed any problems. maybe they are gonna pop out soon. Do you think this laptop is similar to the FSC in UK? Sorry about my ignorance.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:10

@Cpu
It doesnt change much to de-/activate or change the virtual memory of Windows. As I said before, there is nothing the normal user can do! Otherwise I would not make so much drama if I were not sure whether it is maybe just a simple software problem (like I have a bad virus scanner or something like that).

@camane
Lifebooks and other Amilo series than Mx43x are not affected. If there were some problems in these series, it would have nothing to do with the lagging issue.
The problem is a problem of the mainboard that can be found in Amilo Mx437, Mx439, Mx438.
Mx43x Lagging issue Image

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

ehd

Postby ehd » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:50

I am trying to see if my M1437G is also affected with the lagging problem. Playing games like Colin mcRae 2005 shows lagging at high settings, but (almost) no lagging at minimum settings. Is the lagging issue dependent on these settings? Are there any other ways to see if my notebook is affected? The FIFA 06 demo does not run fluently, although the 'lagging' is less obvious as in the video found at notebookforums.com (Fifa06divx.avi).

Return to “AMILO Notebook”