SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

traxevc

Re:

Postby traxevc » Fri May 05, 2006 14:00

Pilot7 wrote:
traxevc wrote:Borkar let these people live in their dream. x438 is a problematic laptop and the company is aware of it. I am currently in the process of getting my money back and buy a serious machine. By the way, I had one of the top versions of the 3438 (the one with 2GB Ram and 2x100Gb fujitsu HDD) and it is laggy just like the rest of them. The solution of buyng new HDDs, which means to pay money to fix something that was faulty when you bought it, IS THE MOST REDICULOUS SOLUTION IN THE HISTORY OF SOLUTIONS OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS!!! Let alone that it doesnt really fix the problem but it makes it less noticeable!!!


Actually, based on what ZITOUN and patte have said in this forum, Hitachi HDD's with APM set at maximum performance DON'T just make the problem LESS NOTICEABLE. They make it DISAPPEAR!

The fact that running perlsite's smart.exe program doesn't cause ANY lags with those HDDs, even while playing a game (!) - is the ULTIMATE PROOF that it IS a solution!

Anyway, I BET you got nothing to prove your "makes it less noticeable" statement. If you do, then just post facts here, instead of making claims like that!

My point is, maybe not everyone with laggy notebooks is in a position to get their money back. I mean, we got people here representing different countries and diferent circumstances. In some places it's easier to return this notebook than it is in others. And I'm sure that there are very busy people who totally need their notebooks for study or work. They simply may not have time to fight for weeks and months for a refund. They need a fully functional high performance notebook NOW and not later! And Hitachi HDDs can give them just that!

In a situation where the company has comletely given up on fixing the problem, I dont't think that getting those HDDs is "a ridiculous solution". I think it's the ONLY way out of this total mess for some people, and let us not discourage them by groundless statements about the nature of this solution!




I can understand those people who really need a solution and cant wait without a lappy for long time and FSC UNDERSTANDS TOO ;) To be honest I dont really care if you claim your money back or not. Anyway if everybody claimed a money back, FSC would reconsider the possibility of giving it back. Keep on spending money for the laggybook so at least we (the buyers who know the law) can claim our rights. This attitude of yours make the things for FSC too easy. Let them have profit from you giving them your money and receiving faulty products. I should thank you for this attitude because this makes FSC more keen on compensating the VERY VERY FEW angry customers like me as they know that there are not going to be many others. By the way i am a PhD student out of my country and I REALLY REALLY NEED my lappy, but I also feel that it is impossible to let myself with a faulty laptop, having spent almsot 3000 Euro. Good luck to everybody. I am not going to post anything anymore to this forum full of cowards (Borkar you are NOT included and thank you very much for fighting for our rights).

Good bye

Pilot7
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 16:56

Re:

Postby Pilot7 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:47

traxevc wrote: .... To be honest I dont really care if you claim your money back or not....
..... I am not going to post anything anymore to this forum full of cowards......

Good bye


Well, jentlemen, it looks like we've just had a major loss.

A man has left us.

A man who was so "compassionate" that he did't care.

A man who was so "brave" that he kept riduculing those who invested a lot of their effort trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Those who stepped forward and shared their findings with all of us. And those who who decided to use these findings so they could move on with their lives, work or studies.

And now that we've lost him, I don't know how we're going to survive withot him :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheAlien
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:44

Postby TheAlien » Sat May 06, 2006 10:50

You know what ? No one (including me, the coward) wants your help.
M3438G + Lagging Issue & Support d. mich 9 Monate nicht in d. Lage ist mein NB dazu zu bringen mp3s, DVDs oder d. Uhrzeit richtig anzuzeigen & sich trozdem weigert d. 1700€ NB zurückzunehmen.
So was spricht sich rum FSC!
I will make sure

BadSector
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 18:57
Contact:

Postby BadSector » Sat May 06, 2006 11:55

No need to make an internal war. We are all angry, some are more - other less. But there isn't any place to argue between each other. When somebody can help, please do it, but do not make unneeded conflicts.

Sw0rdf1sh
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 6:19

Lagging issue in Greece

Postby Sw0rdf1sh » Sun May 07, 2006 6:46

This issue is not conversationable.It's a fact and it is not negosiable.
I'm a DJ in Greece and instead of vinyls I started mixing with Virtual DJ with Amilo M1437G.I bought this laptop in December and until the end of February I mixed every night my mp3s for over 5 hours.I haven't experienced any lagging until then.After that I used the same system with the same drivers and everything was a little bit difrent...I experienced 1 lag per hour with my drive half foul(100Gb SATA).
I thought it was the 2 sound cards,the drivers or even the software I was using.I formated the drive, I installed Linux, I downgraded the drivers with no result.It is definately a hardware problem.
Can somebody tell me why for 3 months I didn't experince this issue and one day it came up?
I'm sure you can see what it is to go out in a club and hear a freeze in the sound every hour for 1 or 2 sec?
I talked to fujitsu in Greece and they seem that they don't know this problem(!).
I don't blame them.I spent 1 and a half hour to find what it was over searches on the internet.This problem is not spread over every forum or every tech page on the net...
Can anyone tell me if the 1 year guarantee says anything about this?This is definately a malfuction on the hardware cause I ve tried anything else.
Is there anyone here from Greece we can talk about it or even meet?
Please respond.This thing is ruining my job...
I even tried to install virtual DJ in an external drive with the mp3s there but I had the same problems.Why is that?Is it because the driver for the external sound card(Creative 2NX) was on the hard drive of the laptop?I have lags even with mp3s in an external drive and the mixing software there!!!
PS:I'm no longer using the laptop in mixing so my money was spent in something I don't use.

TheGeorge

Postby TheGeorge » Sun May 07, 2006 7:51

I am taking my laptop in tomorrow, get my money back, and get an Asus W3J in return with that money. And live happily ever after.. I suggest you do the same, while you can.

traxevc

Re:

Postby traxevc » Mon May 08, 2006 14:44

Pilot7 wrote:
....A man who was so "brave" that he kept riduculing those who invested a lot of their effort trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Those who stepped forward and shared their findings with all of us....




It is not your obligation to solve the problem. It is FSC's!!! You bought a product which was defective since it was made. Even the fact that you -the busy guy that doesnt have time to fight (for your own rights) - have spent your VALUABLE time in order to try to solve an unsolvable problem, and, NOT SPEND YOUR TIME TRYING TO FIGHT THOSE(FSC) WHO HAVE FRAUD YOU, clearly reveals what sort of coward you are! If you have time to search for a solution you also have time to fight. I prefer the second because I am not used to letting others taking advantage of me. I paid nearly 3000 Euros and I want everything to work properly. If i didnt care I would have bought a second hand lappy and I wouldnt mind if it was laggy or not. 3000 euros is much money for me and worth fighting for. Just listen what you say and what you write! Full stop.

Gordanius
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 0:01
Location: France

Postby Gordanius » Mon May 08, 2006 22:11

for your information there is a new bios on uniwill site 1.11

P71EN0 History

-----------------------------------------------
Date: 2006/03/31
BIOS version: 1.11
EC version: 1.11

Filename:P71ENSTD.111, Checksum:0A922h, Date:2006/03/31, Time:14:58

Description for EC:
1. Added TJ85 CPU Fan table.

Description for BIOS:
1. Added NBID/UUID backup soultion to prevent NBID/UUID lost.

Pilot7
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 16:56

Re:

Postby Pilot7 » Tue May 09, 2006 22:26

traxevc wrote:
Pilot7 wrote:
....A man who was so "brave" that he kept riduculing those who invested a lot of their effort trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Those who stepped forward and shared their findings with all of us....




It is not your obligation to solve the problem. It is FSC's!!! You bought a product which was defective since it was made. Even the fact that you -the busy guy that doesnt have time to fight (for your own rights) - have spent your VALUABLE time in order to try to solve an unsolvable problem, and, NOT SPEND YOUR TIME TRYING TO FIGHT THOSE(FSC) WHO HAVE FRAUD YOU, clearly reveals what sort of coward you are! If you have time to search for a solution you also have time to fight. I prefer the second because I am not used to letting others taking advantage of me. I paid nearly 3000 Euros and I want everything to work properly. If i didnt care I would have bought a second hand lappy and I wouldnt mind if it was laggy or not. 3000 euros is much money for me and worth fighting for. Just listen what you say and what you write! Full stop.


Yeah....right.....and ridiculing forum members and calling them cowards from a distance by means of the Internet is surely not a sigh of cowardice, but that of courage.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I thought you said "good bye" and you didn't want to post anything anymore to this "forum full of cowards"... :lol:

vorbis99

AMILO 3438G

Postby vorbis99 » Tue May 09, 2006 23:22

This Post makes me laugh.


There are 75 and counting pages devoted to a laptop that has problems with some models, 3438g. The pages are made up of Scare mongering, Rumours, Claims of a highly dubious legal nature as well as just plain lies. Words like FRAUD, DEFECTIVE and other false and untrue words. Please anyone who decides to post those comments read up on the Sale of goods act and the German equal and you will find no such breaches.

Various other laws are mentioned here but the Laptop is in breach of no such laws. FSC makes millions of pounds/Dollars and what they do is aim their hardware at various markets. If FSC are so wrong and evil how come they seem to be making money hand over fist. If you read any computer magazine either in Germany or England you will find they have many awards for their equipment.

From the 75 pages, from what I can see around 30 people have problems with this laptop. The rest of the posts are mainly Borkar who seems to be a very angry person and takes great delight in telling people what to do and buy. Let me just check if we live in a society of free choice…….Yep, we do. Thought so.

The minute anyone asks if the 3438g is any good Borkar is there like a flash telling them to steer clear, never buy FSC, Never even look at an FSC. Instead of mentioning the comparable performance of the laptop compared to Dells Desktop replacement for less money, instead of mentioning the nice Bright, Vivid screen, instead of mentioning all the other good points he decides to endlessly harp on about the problem that affects his laptop and other who have posted. At one point he tries to convince someone who says he had never seen the problem that he has in fact seen the problem, How Rude can one person be?. Instead of mentioning your various secrets sources why not actually state who they are instead of using it as justification for your comments?

Over the last few pages someone has actually dared to state that not everyone is unhappy with this laptop and for many it works fine. How many of you have heard of Percentages?. Let’s says FSC sold 3,000 of these models (as an example) and let’s say 30 people are unhappy with it. For Today’s high tech age that is pretty good. BMW have a higher tolerance rate before they do a mass product recall and start handing money back. Microsoft does the same for there hardware, O2 did the same for a recent recall of XDA’S with faulty battery. Simply just venting your obvious anger at the world as a whole (which you are more than happy to do) why not move on, the laptop still works.

Do you realise that across the world millions of people are either dying, close to death or going through the most atrocious horrors known to man. And what are you most upset with? The fact that your laptop has a small lag while playing a game.

Stand back, take a deep breath and look around you, please I beg of you and look at what is important in life.

I am typing this from the 3438g, I have never seen the lag problem, (and before you try and convince me that I have Borkar, trust me I have not). I keep the system clean, defrag, Check for new drivers every week, Shut it down properly and when not in use I put it in the Protective laptop case. I even purchased a laptop cooler from Amazon to keep it cool as laptop heat can seriously shorten the life of laptops. There are many people like me who have the laptop and have had many problem free hours on it, not everyone has got the issue and it’s unfair and rude of you to try and force everyone to believe they have.

When the forum gets quiet and people seem to have put up with the issue, Borkar comes on again with yet more scaremongering and demanding things from FSC to try and stir up more posts.

I have no connection with FSC, I have no connection with any laptop maker or IT company, but I do object strongly to someone telling me what to do, what to spend my hard earned money on and how to live my life.

Some of the people here, who have purchased the laptop, have not been happy with it and took it back for a refund. That is their choice and well done to them. Borkar prefers to keep his and continue to use his scare tactics on anyone that dares venture on this forum for impartial, fair and overall truthful advice. Why don’t you let them do that instead of pushing your views on them?

End of Post

Thanks You

If you wish to Engage in intelligent conversation regarding the Amilo 3438G or this post then please email me at vorbis99 at Gmail.com. If you intend to just send abuse, don’t bother I have a good filter.

vorbis99

AMILO 3438G

Postby vorbis99 » Tue May 09, 2006 23:23

That is their choice and well done to them. Borkar prefers to keep his and continue to use his scare tactics on anyone that dares venture on this forum for impartial, fair and overall truthful advice. Why don’t you let them do that instead of pushing your views on them?

End of Post

Thanks You

If you wish to Engage in intelligent conversation regarding the Amilo 3438G or this post then please email me at vorbis99 at Gmail.com. If you intend to just send abuse, don’t bother I have a good filter.

Vincenz0

Postby Vincenz0 » Tue May 09, 2006 23:45

may i note that borkar diden't return the notebook himself.


i have lag, i don't care.


lets just keep the facts:
some(most??)notebooks lag in this series, one more then others.

or you realy care about it it's your choice.

Bluehair
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 0:01

Postby Bluehair » Wed May 10, 2006 9:57

Borkar is just here to discourage 3438 owners and prospective buyers.

I wish the moderators be responsible for once and make the decision to kill this thread right here. It's not going anywhere.

PS: Nice post vorbis99.

thapostol
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:50
Location: Athens, Greece

Postby thapostol » Wed May 10, 2006 10:12

Hallo everybody.

I think that intelligent conversation can and must be made in this forum and not by emailing each other.

As i have stated before, i hadnt noticed the "LAG" for about 3 months of heavy use. The problem appeared out of nowhere. I think that the problem exists in all m3438g but its clearly my opinion. And when somebody asks me for a notebook i do tell himher about this problem. Why do i do that? Because i think that i should warn them.
Why? Because i think it DOES NOT worth the risk.

Another serious reason why i do this, is the fact that FSC never, and i say NEVER seems to have taken as seriously. They just ignored the problem, although they acknowledged it, and stated that its something commonly encountered. THIS IS A LAPTOP FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE AND ADVANCED MULTIMEDIA... Does any of these ring a bell? Well its how FCS advertises her own product... If you use the laptop wisely and not for high-end performance everything should be fine, FSC says later in a statement about the lagging issue. Not even that is true. Music and movie playback also staggers

This talk could go on and on forever. The ones that havent noticed anything out of the ordinary, i trully hope that they never notice. For everyone else keep it up.

I havent managed to return my laptop yet. Dont know if i ever will. But FCS has a negative vote from me. Its my opinion and i will support it.

And something about Borkar. I understand his attitude. He has been trying to make known a difficult to notice, in some cases, problem. A problem that many people would think that is just driver incompatibility, internet lag, or maybe high temperature. So when somebody has a crystal clear opinion about something and he is forced to repeat himself over and over again, in addition to the fact that he has wasted too much time, its just natural to overreact.

@Borkar: No matter if you are right or wrong your total refusal to anything opposite to your opinion the way you do, may appear a little offending.

@vorbis99: As i have stated before the specs for this laptop are unbeatable in the specific price range. However, as you say FCS makes millions of pounds/Dollars. And as we live in a society of high competition as well as of free choise, companies that sell cheap have to cut their losses from something else. So cheap products with high end specs = poor parts and assembling. That is a general rule. And that seems to be the case here.
You may say that you knew what you were buying. 17" inches kick ass monitor (a little white though but what the heck cheap enough), 6800 GPU great, ram, SATA RAID and so on. GREAT NOTEBOOK. But some notebooks lag. What can you do about that? 2 choises as far as i am concerned. Sit tight and do nothing as you havent paid a fortune for this, or do something. The path of action may vary and it passes through forums like this one. Because here you may seek help, advise and in the end consumers that can undestand the way you feel.

This was in a way my intelligent addition to this forum.

Hope for the best.

Regards, Thapost
FSC AMILO M3438G (=>bummer<=)

Raven_
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 14:02

Postby Raven_ » Wed May 10, 2006 13:02

Do you realise that across the world millions of people are either dying, close to death or going through the most atrocious horrors known to man. And what are you most upset with? The fact that your laptop has a small lag while playing a game.

Stand back, take a deep breath and look around you, please I beg of you and look at what is important in life.


I agree, but lol.. this laptop is important. I need to make money to look around, travel and see things of life. Without a proper working laptop i can't do my job and study properly.. thus i can't earn money to do so.. figures.

not everyone has got the issue and it’s unfair and rude of you to try and force everyone to believe they have.


I just think you should change this part into....

Everyone has the issue, but some people just have a different way of using this laptop or they are less 'picky' and therefor don't notice the problem. It's unfair and rude of you to try and force everyone to believe they notice the problem.

Just don't be ignorant about this. All 3438G laptops have the same hardware. (motherboard) The lagging issue is definitely a hardware issue regarding the via raid controller and it's communication with the harddisk's APM function.

Therefore, after reading your message and accusions to Borker i conclude you are acting kinda the same.
Last edited by Raven_ on Wed May 10, 2006 16:16, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “AMILO Notebook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests