AMILO Pi 2515 Hard drive not detected when reinstall windows

Moderator: ModTeam

Frustrateduser
Product(s): AMILO Pi 2515

AMILO Pi 2515 Hard drive not detected when reinstall windows

Postby Frustrateduser » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:34

Hoping someone here can help me as Im at a loss.

I recently tried to wipe clean my hard drive which came preinstalled with Vista and reinstall windows XP. However when I turn it on and put the windows XP CD in i get the following error message

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program

Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3

I have gone into the BIOS and can see the hard drive is recognised, also when I turn the computer on I get the windows logo so it appears to be installed correctly. However the problem is I just can't get into the old windows vista on there as it is corrupted so it won't load even in safe mode allowing me to do anything. I just really wnat to install XP but getting frustrated at this error message telling me it can't find the hard drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: AMILO Pi 2515 Hard drive not detected when reinstall win

Postby sabrex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48

Windows XP does not provide drivers for all the SATA controllers, therefore, during the installation procedure, the user must insert a floppy with the sata drivers via F6. There are many methods on how to install xp onto sata drives as floppy drives are kind of old hat and no longer used. info here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-Windows-XP-On-SATA-Without-a-Floppy-F6-47807.shtml

Return to “AMILO Notebook”