Li3910 Screen Inverter?

Moderator: ModTeam

walesrob
Product(s): Amilo Li3910

Li3910 Screen Inverter?

Postby walesrob » Mon Jan 10, 2011 14:11

Hi, hope someone can confirm my suspicions:

I have a Fujitsu Li3910 notebook.

Screen flashes to very low light at random intervals. There’s no pattern to when it happens - I could be surfing the net, using I Tunes, copying files on to a USB stick, etc. When the flashing happens, the screen just dips to very low light - I can still see the display, however it’s very dark. These flashes very often are very short, often barley a second or two, often shorter.

A couple of other pointers; watching any video on You Tube, I notice lack of detail and slight blurring sometimes when theres any movement in a video, example pop videos. Also, again this points to a problem with power in the laptop is the battery life can be measured in minutes - literally within a few minutes of turning on the machine, the battery runs flat.

I'm quite sure the LCD panel is fine as there is no distortion, colour bleed or errors of display (i.e. pixelating), only low light flashes.

All other aspects of the laptop is fine, just the display and the battery, which I think could be linked?

I've emailed Fujitsu, they've given me the usual we can't tell you, you need to bring it in, at a great cost, blah, blah. Looked on Ebay, nothing, but I have been given a number of a supplier of these inverters.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Li3910 Screen Inverter?

Postby sabrex » Mon Jan 10, 2011 16:14

Hi
Well sounds like LCD cable or inverter and Fujitsu are only saying they need to get hands on to inspect and determine which part. You cant use youtube from a quality perspective whats it like say playing a DVD movie?

DizMatt

Postby DizMatt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47

hi
my g'f bought a li3910 and the screen started faulting.
normally when the screen moves on its hinge.
it wasn't a gfx or software fault.

I fixed the problem by isolating the issue to the inverter located underneath the LCD in the screen.
however, in fairness, sellotape isn't a long term solution and the problem occurs still but very rarely.

Does anyone have a part number for this item. the problem started inside the warranty but I didn't realise that it was a hardware fault until some time later.

there are two inverters on this website
http://www.ipc-computer.eu/it-pi-n-Disp ... 13703.html
http://www.ipc-computer.eu/it-pi-n-Disp ... 48263.html

does anyone with some expertise know which one it might be.
for the original poster my advice would be to check out this part and see if a loose connection is causing the issue.
however, this wouldn't affect the battery power. if it's a youtube/video/issue I would look at the gfx card. see if underclocking it (if possible) helps or replace the drivers.
also a good clean of the unit it handy if there is a heat build up.
if the battery is consistently poor, regardless of performance or even windows loading (how long does the battery last when you boot into the BIOS without going into windows?) then that could be completely unrelated to the graphics issue.
batteries are considered consumable products and they do wear out and lose the ability to retain power after a while.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:27

Any of these part numbers are listed for the li
AS023216000 INV MODULE(DTA) QT6 (7-20V,VS=1650V)
AS023216100 INV(SMD)QT6(7-20V,VS=1650V)TWS-449-308
AS023216300 INV(FOX) QT6 (7-20V,VS=1650V)T18I095.00
AS023216500 INV(TDK) QT6 (7-20V,VS=1650V)TBD485NR

Acal maybe able to supply on 01925 251608. Im sure if you gave them your serial they can match the part.
Your link number 2 DizMatt looks like it could be AS02321630 but cant read last digit.

walesrob

Postby walesrob » Mon Mar 21, 2011 13:03

Thank you guys for suggestions.

The screen flashing has got a whole lot worse, now I'm getting white lines and blackouts and they are longer in duration, and when they do happen, I get momentary freezing as well. The fault occurs at random intervals, could be at boot up, while surfing the net, when its cold or warm, etc. There is no set pattern. Otherwise everything works as intended.

Heres what I've done to troubleshoot:

Updated BIOS to latest (solved the problem of Wifi - hooray, now its defaulted to on, no more FN + F1)
Updated all drivers from Fujitsu.
Thorough clean of laptop.
Always used on mains power, battery removed.
Will shortly wipe Vista and install Ubuntu, see if its a Windows problem.

Opening or closing the screenlid does not cause the problems I describe, the same if I move the laptop, the fault only seems to occur when the laptop is in situ (i.e. placed on table).

Just seen a post on another part of the this forum from someone who bought a Li3910 same date period and same retailer as I did, doesn't look too hopeful. At least he got a refund after returning 3 faulty Li3910's. I guess mine was the best of a bad shipment, but the faults are only coming through now.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”