Vista to XP "Downgrade" Amilo Xi 2428

Moderator: ModTeam

PeteJ
Product(s): Amilo xi2428

Vista to XP "Downgrade" Amilo Xi 2428

Postby PeteJ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:26

Hi,

Couldn't find the English forum - just the Deutshchsprachiges Forum. Aplogogies.

As the title might hint, I have an Amilo Xi 2428 Vista.

Vista is driving me absolutely nuts, mainly because most of my stuff (camera, MP3 player etc) and one of the only two computer games I ever play won't work on it. My two old XP machines have recently died.

Can I "downgrade" my Amilo 2428 to XP? I read somewhere that Fujitsu Siemans sometimes provide support discs for this. Is this correct? If so, you have my undying devotion!

Will I have to spend a fortune on a new XP package, and is it a process you have to be a graduate computer engineer to carry out?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, all the way from Cambridge.

An4rk1
Product(s): Amilo xa2528

Re: Vista to XP "Downgrade" Amilo Xi 2428

Postby An4rk1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22

well , just insert the windows xp disc, boot it and install windows with the option to format hard drive (ntfs).
But um if you have an OEM HDD ( you can look it on the cover of the hdd) then you must connect it to your pc and clean format it, cause the OS is installed in somekind of hidden partition.after that you can install xp or other os :)
But in my oppinion, first atleast try windows 7 if you have that option, you can upgrade from Vista to 7 even in Windows so its easyer that downgrading :)

Return to “AMILO Notebook”