Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

mrnmart
Product(s): 8 x RX600
2 x RX200
1 x FibreCAT TX48 S2

fibrecat tx48 snmp community with _

Postby mrnmart » Wed Nov 26, 2008 13:17

Hello everybody

Recently we have purchased a FibreCAT TX48 S2, 8 RX600 and 2 RX200 to virtualice an infrastructure.
In order to monitoring all hardware, we have coonfigured a server with ServerView, which receive alarms from all Fujitsu servers, and then relay them to our monitoring servers running HP Openview.

We have configured agents on servers (2 windows and 8 Vmware ESX servers) and everything seems to work fine, the alarms are sent to serverview, and serverview sent them to HP Openview. The problem comes when tried to configure the FibreCAT TX48 S2 from the web interfaz, i can set the ip address, mask, gateway, etc... but when set the snmp community string, it does not accept "_" because the snmp community string is like X_X_X_X_X so when apply the changes, the snmp community string changes to "public"
I had tried other snmp communities without "_" and works well, but the real snmp community is like X_X_X_X_X and can not replace the snmp community in lot of servers already configured.
I have tried to configure snmp from the library, but the menu at the screen does not allow configuring snmp, just network configuration.

So ¿How can i set a snmp comunity with "_"?

Thanks in advance

Mariano Martin
http://www.telvent.com

Maxxx
Product(s): FibreCAT TX

Re: fibrecat tx48 snmp community with _

Postby Maxxx » Tue Dec 02, 2008 15:13

Dear Mariano,
unfortunately we are not able to provide you a solution yet. This is an open change request to the firmware and will be fixed within the next release beginning of the next year.

Thanks for your patience
Markus

mrnmart
Product(s): 8 x RX600
2 x RX200
1 x FibreCAT TX48 S2

Re: fibrecat tx48 snmp community with _

Postby mrnmart » Tue Jan 13, 2009 16:26

Hello

Sorry about the delay answering you.

Thank you very much for your response

Best regards